Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
95 EB Bronco, 5.8L
119 Posts
In the second picture, the cable guide does not look as if it's seated flat against the brake shoe. The back of that cable guide has a small locating flange that must fit into the hole on the brake shoe and it is held in place with the short hook end of the spring and then you stretch the other end (long hook) over the anchor pin. I would try this: First, install the cable loop end on the anchor pin and then install the springs, (Red one last.) This will make it easier to hold the cable guide flange in that hole on the brake shoe when installing the spring. Let us know how, or if, that works.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In the second picture, the cable guide does not look as if it's seated flat against the brake shoe. The back of that cable guide has a small locating flange that must fit into the hole on the brake shoe and it is held in place with the short hook end of the spring and then you stretch the other end (long hook) over the anchor pin. I would try this: First, install the cable loop end on the anchor pin and then install the springs, (Red one last.) This will make it easier to hold the cable guide flange in that hole on the brake shoe when installing the spring. Let us know how, or if, that works.
I haven’t been home, but I’ll give it a go tomorrow. I’m really hoping that it’s just the guide not being seated all the way, but for some reason I feel like it’s just too small of a difference to change anything. I will keep you updated

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Finally figured it out. The new lever I got had a manufacturing error. It was slightly thin on the actual latching portion but looked just like the old one, causing my confusion. I just threw the old one in and it worked great. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the time

· Registered
4,797 Posts
Finally figured it out. The new lever I got had a manufacturing error. It was slightly thin on the actual latching portion but looked just like the old one, causing my confusion. I just threw the old one in and it worked great. Thanks for the help. I appreciate the time
you need to correct the springs at the top, the cable eye should be first, than rear shoe spring, than front shoe spring, also make sure the cable guide sits flush against the shoe and that the cable is on top not behind it.
Everything should be like this otherwise it will impede proper function. Notice the cable eye is flush against the guide plate, then the rear spring, than the front spring. Cable rides in the notch not behind the cable guide

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part

21 - 24 of 24 Posts