Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a little over a year since I have owned my Bronco. It is a DD and Its on the road about 98% of the time. I use it like a truck and it serves as a great multipourpose rig. Its gone through alot since Ive owned it. Its been a bit frustrating at times, but then I just have to just step back and take a deep breath, and diagnose the problem.

Everything has been done by me and my dad except for the tint. Lately I have been doing some light trails w/ some of my buddies that have other 4x4 trucks. I should have my sliders on pretty soon. The lift me and my dad installed around Thanksgiving.

BDS Lift- It was a project for sure. The rear wasn't to bad just time consuming, getting the new heavy ass leaf pack in there was a challenge for sure. The front was pretty labor intensive and also required alot of measuring in order to drill the bracket for the new extended radius arm. The axle pivot brackets were also a pain in the a$$. Getting them in place was a challenge and we also replaced one of the bushings.

Bassani Headers- These things definitely helped wake up the 302. I'm not sure how bad my old exhaust was clogged up, but the headers combined with the 3' exhaust and Hooker muffler lets it breathe much easier. :beer

-Heat Buster Radiator w/ new Hoses,
-Police Grade Braided Battery Harness,
-New Starter,
-Sixlitre Tuneup
-Added Drain Plug to tranmission pan, replaced fluid
-Blacked out the front grille for a cleaner look :smokin:

-Bassani Headers with Y - Pipe and Hooker Aerochamber 3'' all the way.
-BDS 4 inch lift with extended radius arms, BDS Leaf pack, and 6 Bilstein 5100 Shocks :rockon
-New Sound System (Pioneer Head Unit, 2 amps, 600 watt 4 ch for speakers, and 800 watt Monoblock for subs, Kicker Speakers all the way around)
-Limo Tint in the Rear and 20% in the Front
-33x12.5 BFG AT KO on Centerline Billet 15x10 Hammer Series
-Hefty Front Bumper
-Hefty Sliders w/ a removable step
-Avital Keyless entry, alarm, and remote start

Future Plans

6k HID's (ordering from rescuebronc)
4.56 Gears
8k or 10k winch w/ 2 6" HID lights for the front
New Valve Body from the Punisher
Get seat re-stuffed and fix the armrest
New Locking Center Console and mount my head unit in the console to keep away from thieves
Possibly a new rear bumper w/ the swing out tire carrier
35x12.50 KM2's or some sort of MT

Here is when I first got her

Before the Lift w/ 33's

After the 4inch BDS Lift

With Hefty Front Bumper

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires rubbin? Gonna add a lift to your build i bet ya.
Yessir the 2.5 lift is in the near future. I can turn it full lock both ways on the street but in reverse it rubs. The 2.5 lift should give it the proper clearance espicially for off road:rockon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't do it! Auto hubs rock! :toothless
Haha. I do need to upgrade to manual locking hubs. Not sure how much longer these auto's are going to last. Last thing I need is to be 15+ miles down the beach and then they go out:doh0715:

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Haha. I do need to upgrade to manual locking hubs. Not sure how much longer these auto's are going to last. Last thing I need is to be 15+ miles down the beach and then they go out:doh0715:
I wheel the piss outta mine with auto hubs. I rock crawl the sumbitch and have yet to see em fail. I know they will one day when I really need em.

·
Registered
787 Posts
How much of a mileage hit did you see with the 33's?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much of a mileage hit did you see with the 33's?

Its kinda hard to say because I did my Headers and exhaust like a week before I put the tires on, but the good thing about these rims is that there very light. Centerline makes very light and strong rims, because there used for drag strip/hot rod setups. So, having the lighter rims does help, but I havent seen to big of drop in mpg yet. I would probably say around 1 mpg. I'm happy I went with them instead of 32's. They look alot better I think, and give it a better look.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude do at least a 4 inch lift.............
Ya, I've been thinking about it. Its only a little more and later on down the road I can run 35's. I see this Superlift kit of broncograveyard.com for $1100 thats got everything I need at a fair price. The only thing is that I heard Superlift is declaring bankruptcy and will most likely be going out of business, so the warranty is useless.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33720_4_inch_ultra_deluxe_lift_w_superunner_extended_radius_arms_9.htm

Tell me what you think of this kit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, summer is winding down and I finally have a little more time to work on the bronco. Next on the to-do-list is the 4 inch lift w/ new shocks.

I'm looking for a bang-for-buck kit that will give me good ride quality that handles well on the street, and does well off-road.

The two kits that are catching my eye are the Rancho 6570, and the Superlift Ultra Deluxe Lift w/Superunner Extended Radius off of JBG.

I think the Bilstein 5100 series is the way to go as far as shocks, everyone that has them loves them.

The Rancho 6570 runs about $975 on different sites, and the Superlift runs $1095 on JBG. I'm kinda leaning towards the Superlift kit because it comes with a whole new leaf pack rather than just AAL. What do yall think? All opions welcome. 99% of my driving is on the street, so it needs to be street friendly. Is there other kits out there that are better than these two I suggested for around the same price?

Also, where would be the best place to buy this kit and shocks? 4WP is sky-high, and it seems like the best place to buy it is online from different competitors. I would like to keep it under $1500 for everything.

I am open to all opinions, so tell me what yall think.

Thanks,
Selkirk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What if I went all out and got this kit?

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33886A_5_5_inch_superflex_prerunner_lift_kit_w_extended_radius_arms.htm

This is the 5.5" prerunner kit with extended radius arms off of JBG. Its got the upgraded Deaver coils and leaf pack which is a major plus. My only concern is that it will look goofy with just 33's. Do you think that the springs will settle down and look more like a 4" or closer to a 6"? I can't afford to regear and put 35's now. Tell me what yall think.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts