Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,285 Posts
You get what you pay for...especially when it comes to shocks.

For ride quality, these are a must;

1. extended radius arms
2. at leas aal, but preferably new leaf packs

shocks will help ride quality, as well as a properly aligned vehicle, properly balanced tires, and properly inflated tires.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I finally decided on the 4inch BDS radius arm kit, with 6 Bilstien shocks. It should be here in a couple of weeks. Im excited to install it. I spent a few more dollars than I wanted to, but BDS is top of the line, and I knew that I wanted to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice job..I like it..very clean looking. How do you like the BDS lift so far? How was the install?
The BDS kit with the full leaf pack and extended r/a combined with 6 Bilsteins is a very nice ride, and it soaks up big bumps very well. Its stiff enough, but it also isn't to the point where it jars you around. I would suggest buying it. It will be a little more money, but you will enjoy it. Just think about it, a few couple hundred more bucks than the other kits will get you one hell of a ride, and the warranty BDS provides is amazing. If it breaks they replace it with no question. :rockon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just an update, I have a bunch of little stuff to get done on it. As of right now Im just keeping it running, Im pretty much done modifying it for now. I really need to get my bumper repainted though with some Als bed liner.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update- The Bronco has gone off to college.:cry :beer :chili::drinkbud

The Bronco is now in college with me and is my mode of transportation. I have been doing a little bit of off roading here and there , but really just trying to keep from breaking anything with it being my only mode of transpertation. I live in Galveston,(The coast of Texas) and I do get the chance to take it to the beach and really take advantage of all the space and tailgate and whatnot.

Being in college now, like many people know, funds start to get limited and priorities change. But, I still want to keep the Bronco looking good and be able to enjoy it. Reliability and form/function still while looking good is what I'm after.

Shortertm Plans include
-Full Detail including waxing the paint to polshing wheels to shampooing carpet.

-My a/c has a leak somewhere in the system. Time to get out the sniffer.

-My truck is squeling like a stuck pig when I fire it up sometimes. I think it is a bearing along the serpentine belt. Not sure which one though.

-Fix my tranny issues for good and finally move on with that:whiteflag
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139384

-Install my egr valve that I believe has been sticking open and causing fuel issues( Comes in Tuesday)

-Repaint Rock sliders and bumpers using some sort of bed liner material( maybe als truck bed liner)

-Clean up my engine bay and past wiring jobs that weren't too well thought out
-New headlight lenses, I would love to get some nice projectors but I really can't afford the ones that I've been drooling about from the go-fast guys.

Keep her running strong and figure out a good system of tools to carry when not at home. (emergency repairs/fixes)

Here are a few pics of her lately.

At the beach on a beautiful day.

After pulling some of my retarded friends out of the mud.

Buster helping me wash her.

My homemade wood-grain dash kit that I installed. It's not perfect but It'l do.

After doing a few donuts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just an update. Haven't been on here for a while since Ive been at Texas A&M.

Me and my dad dropped the bomb in a new Ford Tranny and had an guy on the side put it in. Completely fixed my shifting problem. Couldnt be happier.

Other than that it is about new tire time. I'm in between General Grabber with the red letter or just a another set of BFG All-terrains. I'm leaning toward the General Grabbers due to their Baja style of tread, and good reviews from what Ive heard. Ill post up pics when I get either.

·
LOG TRUCKIN'
1,804 Posts
That is one sick looking Bronco, Nice work man :beer

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's one hell of a nice bronco you got there :beer

I love black and tan EB's, I'd love to have an F150 like that.

I'm also digging the Centerline wheels, I've never seen a bronco with those. Looks good :rockon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Update- got the bumper and front grille painted with bed liner and should have it installed tomorrow. Should look a lot better.

Tranny from Ford is still running great, especially with the aftermarket cooler on it. Motor has close to 200k on it but still runs like great, even on the highway doing 75-80.

Is there any way to tell if my motor has ever been replaced? I just have a feeling it has been but have no way of checking?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Update - Pulled the trigger and bought a gage rear bumper. Had it put on last week and it looks great. No more chrome ! Ill post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I still have the Bronco. We just tackled wheel bearings and should be done soon.

I am getting a new(to me) Lexus IS 350 within the next few months. I will be working in Finance in downtown Houston and the Bronco is too big and clumsy. Don't worry- I am keeping the Bronco and just "retiring" her for a little while.

Patrick

21 - 40 of 47 Posts