Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hello Everybody!

My Bronco has been retired from daily driving but I DID NOT sell her, despite my dad hinting that I should for the $$. My plan is to get it inspected, and running good within the next 6-8 months as funds allow.

The List includes..
-New Seats - https://corbeau.com/moab.html
-New Door Panels - any input is appreciated here. Rock Auto and Coverlay seem to have some good options.
-Headlights from TCM GLX
-The hood latch cable in the cab decided to break so I will need a new one
-I'm adding a custom leather top to the Tuffy Console (Think King Ranch Logo look)
-New Guage Cluster and switches with cleaner wiring
-New Light Bar
-Figure out slight leak in radiator
-New inline fuse for amps
-Fix / solder overhead temperature console w/ compass that never seemed to work
-The hood came up when I was driving slow, so I need to figure out a way to bend it back....

The Toyo MT's probably have another 7-10k before they need to be replaced. The transmission is the reman from Ford and has been problem free since we put it in. It also has a heavy duty cooler on it, to help with the Texas heat. I might throw a valve body in there, we will see. (Its hard to mess with something that "ain't" broke)

I stripped the interior and pressure washed all the carpets and replaced all the interior clips and screws with nice new pretty stainless hardware. I dynomatted almost the entire tub which I am hoping will help with sound.

The main issue I am having right now is getting it to run right. It will start and run (although very high idle) , and then will not start again for another 30 min or so. I replaced the IAC last weekend and that did not fix the issue. Granted, I have to always hook it up to a battery charger to get it going so I am thinking it might simply not be getting enough clean power to the ecm causing it to go haywire??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Trying to bring back an old thread here...Lets see your seat setup!

I'm working hard to create my slush fund so I can start pulling the trigger on some of these things.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Did you get it running properly? Those symptoms could be something as simple as a tune - up. It could be battery related which would be simple enough to rule out. Cars sitting for extended periods tend to have negative outcomes. Your Bronco is very nice, if you do sell it you will most likely regret it and in short order. They are getting harder and harder to come by especially ones as clean as yours.
You might consider having them move this thread over to the build section. Will probably get more action there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Did you get it running properly? Those symptoms could be something as simple as a tune - up. It could be battery related which would be simple enough to rule out. Cars sitting for extended periods tend to have negative outcomes. Your Bronco is very nice, if you do sell it you will most likely regret it and in short order. They are getting harder and harder to come by especially ones as clean as yours.
You might consider having them move this thread over to the build section. Will probably get more action there.
We did. The Engine Coolant Temp sensor was replaced, and the fuel pump went out so we are doing that next week. The last fuel pump lasted 7 years. I am really hoping that is the last of the issues. The radiator is leaking a bit. Eventually I will drop a new one in.

For Christmas my dad bought me a cover for the Bronco so it will be out of the elements. Thanks for the compliments, I have no intentions to ever sell it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'll be doing the smog bypass shortly. Been reading up on it. My pump is noisy as hell, and I'm past the 25 year smog inspection period in Texas.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finished the smog bypass a few weekends ago. No more squealing smog pump....It is getting there.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,753 Posts
The List includes..
-New Door Panels - any input is appreciated here. Rock Auto and Coverlay seem to have some good options.
-Headlights from TCM GLX
-Fix / solder overhead temperature console w/ compass that never seemed to work
  • Rock Auto sells the Coverlay panels - they're the same thing but Rock Auto's pricing is usually better than from Coverlay direct.
  • Headlights from TCM GLX are great. I love mine.
  • The overhead console fix is pretty straightforward and easy. Good luck!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
  • Rock Auto sells the Coverlay panels - they're the same thing but Rock Auto's pricing is usually better than from Coverlay direct.
  • Headlights from TCM GLX are great. I love mine.
  • The overhead console fix is pretty straightforward and easy. Good luck!
You are STILL around?? LOL, I remember when I first got into Broncos in 2008 I built my rig around yours. Do you still own yours?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts