Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find any info about how much they are going for.

Has a 460 and recently rebuilt C-6 strong.

Needs some TLC. as it has been sitting outside. Not much rust at all and I drove it recently from Denver to Wa. state. The 460 has about 30,000 miles on it but has been sitting for awhile and the tranny about 10,000. The truck has 150,000 miles on it total. Was owned by my dad then me.

What would you pay?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
sounds like a 15-1700 dollar truck, to me

Do you have pictures? That'll help. When we get our tax refunds, I'm going to be looking for another 78-9... where in WA are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davids78bronco said:
sounds like a 15-1700 dollar truck, to me

Do you have pictures? That'll help. When we get our tax refunds, I'm going to be looking for another 78-9... where in WA are you?

I am in Snohomish, Wa. This picture was when it was in Denver about 2 years ago. It has been sitting outside here for a little over a year. It fires right up though. I run it every month to keep the seals fresh.

The inside is missing the back seat and the tailgate needs work. There is a dent in the rear left quarter panel but nothing too bad. Seats are not good. Lights work. Fires up and choke works etc. Just rebuilt the Carb. to drive out here and put new dual exhaust on. Like I said engine and tranny are good.

I am sure the axles shafts and things need to be replaced if you are going to wheel it and the hubs need repacked.

I was thinking like 1,800 what do you all think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ranger429 said:
It looks pretty solid. with some cleaning and detailing you might be able to get 2500 for it on ebay.

It is solid but needs more then detailing inside and out. The tail gate does not match and the switch to work the glass is wearing out. The whole interior would need to be replaced to look nice. It is functional though, meaning I drove it from Denver to Seattle without any problems. There is also some body damage to the rear left corner panel.

Would be a perfect truck to go through and make nice. My dad had the tranny rebuilt with extra strong clutch plates or something and the engine was balanced and blue printed to 8,000 rpm. Exhaust Manifolds were bored out a little to free up the exhaust. Has plenty of torque.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Any pictures of what's left of the interior? The wife's saying no right now, but I'm going to keep working on her, and see if I can change her mind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davids78bronco said:
Any pictures of what's left of the interior? The wife's saying no right now, but I'm going to keep working on her, and see if I can change her mind

No pictures. The drivers seat is the bad one from getting in and out. The passenger is not that bad, maybe needs to be cleaned. I might be able to take some when it stops raining and the sun comes out as it sits right now. Maybe some under the hood and stuff.

So you all think I could get 1,800 for it? I mean the axles, engine, tranny are worth more then that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I put four Used 33X12.50s on her. She looks a lot better and I do not want to get rid of her now. I also drove her down to the gas station and put some fresh gas and blew her out a bit. Still runs strong. This is going to be a sweet Bronco some day. I only hope that whomever buys it posts on here what they do to it.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
As much as I would love too, I can't buy yours. My wife found me one much closer to home, at a price we can better afford. Which is almost too bad, because I'd like to own that one, too

Good luck

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,444 Posts
I'd give that for that, but I live in Indiana which is awhile from washington.
Too bad it is so far, I'd at least have to drive it and really, look at it. I just looked at a super crappy one for 1000 around here and it wasn't worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts