Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was doing some thinking this weekend and came to the conclusin that I have one too many vehicles and I had to do something before our potential move in October.
As of this second Im stuck with moving a big U-haul with all our crap, 01 Taurus, 68 Mustang and 81 Bronco AND a pickup trailer. The Bronco cant tow the mustang, the wife wouldn't want to be towing the taurus with a U-Haul and that would also mean buying or renting 2 trailers, which is crazy.

So I decided to cut my losses pull the 250 I-6 out of the Mustang, toss in the Bronk's engine where it would be at home anyways, strip out all my off roading freindly and light stuff and sell off my lift/bumper/tires and rims

After I find out whats going on, and get to wherever the AF is gonna send me I'll start looking for something I can use for my landscaping business IE a truck, a F-250 or bigger and build that up a bit, but leave the engine the hell alone unless it dies.

I'm not going anywhere, this is still my home, hence the reason I felt the need to share.

So its off to buy parts to fix El-cheapo blazer to make $ to fund the project (2gs or more profit), get my lift money from the guy in Cali finally ($660) pickup trailer (has $300 tailgate and bumper so hopefully 6-800) Sell truck minus engine (550???)and sell off all the pieces of my truck that have substantial value by themselves (maybe 800-1000)

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
wow, that stinks, in a you wont have a bronco kind of way, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, no harm no foul and as you said, this is still home, life first :rockon best of luck and maybe, just maybe something will happen and you can keep her, shes one of those thats been around for along time

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Sorry to hear broseph. I wish you the best of luck, maybe one day you'll get another Bronco back in the family.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it was such an obvious decision once I found out I really was going to tech in July... it just wouldn't work. If I sell it I'm gonna make sure the owner keeps in touch about how shes doing.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,497 Posts
The mad bomber retires the beast... sorry to hear it man.
Although... I can easily say, I feel your pain!
We all got's to do what we got's to do. It's not like you can't ever get another one when your life settles down a bit. :thumbup
I stuck around... glad to hear you will too. Good luck on the parts sales.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
well if you get to come to eglin you can always work on mine. hahahaha.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
i feel your pain.

i think there are now enough of us here who are "bronco-less" to start our own therapy group...

"Hi, I'm Dave and I'm bronco-less. I haven't had a bronco for six days now. I'm very depressed but taking it one day at a time."

:brownbag

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
hey, i said i'm bronco-less, i didn't say i kicked the habit completely..:rockon

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup... A support group would be nice:toothless

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Sad news, really sad. But who knows what the future holds. I had an 84 Bronco, sold it...felt like an ass...and now I have an 81 about 6 years later.

Bronco's really never leave your blood.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
is it wrong that i still dream about my bronco? :scratchhe

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Your still gonna stick around right? Just cuz you don't have a Bronco doesn't mean you don't have any tech knowledge about them.

What Ryan said is right. The Good things in life never last very long......remember the good times.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sold my bronco

dont regret it one bit

but i still get those itchings for another bronco, but not as a daily driver and preferably look a little longer to find one. Now knowing of all the problems that can be had, but all in all I still enjoy broncos. Brother has one, I drive it every once in awhile, and I do miuss them, and his actually is really reliable,

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
Hell I sold my 79 (bad transfer case, 2 motor rebuilds & a rearend later) , Then my brother totaled my 84, then I sold my 89 when the Rings and bearings gave out after having replaced them 100K before, Bought a Cobra mustang then sold it for My 91 and will never get rid of this one. I just want to get rid of the 79 in my garage.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As of today it has a home when im done pilliging crap off of it.

$550 for the truck minus engine/r. bumper/sound/cb/gauges/ and with just the crappy 31's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts