Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask but I am needing all the strength I can get so I can continue to sit beside my father's bed, holding his hand while I watch him struggle for each shallow breath he can get. I wait there, holding my tears back so if, for one tiny moment he opens his eyes again and looks up at me, that I can smile and tenderly tell him, "Hi daddy, I'm here for my kisses".

See he does't remember that I've been there for hours and have already given him hundreds of kisses.

Thanks to any of you that can assist me in staying strong through this cause crying isn't attractive with that puffy eye, runny nose thing. Besides, my dad raised me to be a strong, proud and confident person and I'm not going to fail him now.

God Bless and thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
From Soren Kierkegaard:
"Your bones have been my bedframe and your flesh has been my pillow. And I'm waiting for sleep."​
There is no rehearsal for your pain. But your joy shared with him has been joy increased, and your grief shared with him has been grief diminished. Our journey through life has but one destination, and it comes to all of us. Life is not about the goal, but the journey we take. We will all be known and measured by that journey, not the goal we achieve.

Take comfort in knowing that he knew a loving daughter along that journey.

Marvin

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Marv is right. We all know it's hard, but we all know it comes. Stay strong, and have faith that he will look down and see that you've been there all along. You know that he loves you, and he knows that you love him. It is tempting to worry, but you know that worrying won't change anything. It does hurt to remember the past, but since when has that changed? You'll have the rest of your life to remember the past, right now you need to be with him and take care of yourself as well. Be safe, and know that there are a few thousand of us here ready to help if you need anything :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Be strong filly, this is very hardto do but look in to find the strength you need when I lost my father, I sat beside his bed the same way you are now. Its ok to cry infact dont do yourself the injustice of holding back how you feel.

You will be in our prayers!!

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
Listen man,
Just a couple of years ago i was helping my cousin, which is still like a brother to me, work on his bronco in his farm shop and his father called to tell him to get the fork ligt and move some things to the dumping hole outside of the shop. so i told him to go on i would work on the headers while he did that, i worked for about 30 min and no sign of him so i started looking i couldn't even see the lift anywhere so i got in my truck at the time and drove around to the ditch and saw the fork lift, but no eric so i looked some more came back to the lift and it turned out he was under it. It killed him instantly and i swore off broncos for about a year and then came back. The worst part of the story is we were only 20 years old when it happned. I feel your pain and i love ya man. My longest prayers are with you.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'm here for ya FordFilly!

My prayers and thought are sent your way. I'm sorry for what you are going thru, it is not easy. My brother was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer a year ago and he passed away exactly one month from the diagnosed date. It was very hard to see him waste away, but I did get to see him, talk, read to him, just be there for him before he passed.

At the end, we wondered if he could still hear us and know that we were there for him cause he would'nt open his eyes much, but I do believe he knew we were there for him and he was not alone.

It's not easy and I don't know exactly what you are going thru, but I think you just being there with your presence is wonderful. God Bless you and you are a strong woman! There's nothing wrong with a puffy, red, teary face when you are doing what you have to do.:hug

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all so very much, this is helping me be the strong person I need to be for him and the rest of the family.

It has come to the time now that we can only wait to see how long it takes for the lungs to fill and the heart to stop. I pray that it is soon for his sake.

Bless you all, I can feel the support and I can carry on knowing that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There is not immediate comfort for the heart at times of this nature. We love our parents and wish them a speedy travel into the next life....

( a quiet period of prayer for your strength).

Amen.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Ragged_ol_86 said:
My prayers and strength sent. His place is reserved at the right hand of the Lord, So he may look upon his Angel.

J
Amen. After a quote like that, theres nothing else that can be said, except Amen.

·
My Ass Is A...
985 Posts
FordFilly said:
See he does't remember that I've been there for hours and have already given him hundreds of kisses.

God Bless and thanks.
Trust me, coming from a daddy that went through the 'death bed' thing...he knows and understands your pain, he has cherished every kiss, and he is valuing every single one of these moments...your strength is admirable, but you need to bury your head in a pillow and let it out...sobbing and asking the questions you want to ask like "why?" "why now?" and running through the gambit of emotions is not weakness...but normal...you can't fix normal darlin'...God Speed to you and your father. You have our prayers...

Moose

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have come to this place of friends to share in the news that my father has passed away. I was truely blessed to be holding his hand as he left this earth to enter heaven.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your strength because it got me through this difficult time. God Bless everyone.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
No words I can say will ever do .I'm sorry.God be with you and your family.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,658 Posts
be happy for him, be sad for yourself... god bless

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I Did Not Die

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

by Melinda Sue Pacho

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
4xPepe` said:
be happy for him, be sad for yourself... god bless

:stupid

I remember a friend of mine his father died and I went to the funeral ( he was creamated ) we all sat around him and shared stories about him. We toasted his life. :drinkbud I can honestly say that is the first funeral that I had a hang over from.

The following weeks went by and my bud took his father to his favorite place in the mountains where they rode 4 wheelers and spread his ashes over the mountain.

In 2000 I was in your shoes with my mom. I still have a hard time. :cry

1 - 20 of 30 Posts