Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my truck back together and just got a replacement high pressure power steering hose for my Saginaw pump. The old pressure line has a sensor plugged in to it just outside of the gearbox. The new line has none. Can anybody tell me what the sensor is for, and if it's needed? Can I just run the new line w/o having that sensor plugged in to anything?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excellent, thanks for the info Steve! The Hayne's manual just says it's there, and couldn't find any other sites describing how it would malfunction or what'd happen if it was unplugged..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay next part of this question... Since the truck actually started, this caused me to be able to pull a KOEO code, as well as throw a check engine light. Which will be a problem come state inspection time.

Any way I can fool the computer in to thinking it's A OK? Otherwise I won't be able to pass inspection. Only option I can see would be to swap out my old hose (if it'd even fit with the Sag pump) to get it inspected, then put this one back on.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I unhooked the switch on my F150. It will give me a code in the KOEO test, but it doesn't throw the check engine light on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way I could have additional codes that would show up in the KOER? The PS switch is the only one I got from KOEO, checked it multiple times just to be sure. But right now the truck won't run long enough to get up to proper temp to run the KOER.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the code number, and the COMPLETE code definition? Don't just pick a word or a part name out of the definition; read & understand the WHOLE thing.
52 Power Steering Pressure Switch/circuit open - PSP

That's the only one that popped up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To anybody else that may experience this and need to pass inspection without a CEL.. I cut the sensor off the old HP hose, leaving my new sensor less hose plugged in to the gearbox and pump. Fooled the computer and now there are no KOEO codes or bad lights upon startup. I'll end up zip tying it somewhere out of the way..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The switch's normal state is open, so that definition is wrong. Always look up code definitions in several lists to get a better understanding of their meanings. Read this caption:

Says File Not Found..

Irregardless of what the code definition reads from that site, this fixed the problem.. Which is all I really care about!

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
To anybody else that may experience this and need to pass inspection without a CEL.. I cut the sensor off the old HP hose, leaving my new sensor less hose plugged in to the gearbox and pump. Fooled the computer and now there are no KOEO codes or bad lights upon startup. I'll end up zip tying it somewhere out of the way..
Ditto

When I did my hydro-booster swap, I did the exact same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts