Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Vote for your September 2019 Full Size of the Month !!!!!!!

• JohnnyBronco86

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • NickOille

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • not a jeep

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • MS88Bronc

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
734 Posts
Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures from Rubicon earlier this month

Leaving South Lake Tahoe

Loon Lake

Onto the trail

1st night's camp at Buck Island

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Second trail day was short, only a few hours on trail to get from Buck Island, down through Big Sluice, and then to camp at Rubicon Springs to let the kiddos play and swim in the springs

Only pictures I have are crossing bridge at the end of Big Sluice and the water coming into the dirty dozen at Springs

Then the third day it was a quick run up Cadillac Hill, a picture at Observation Point, and we were out into Tahoe

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,953 Posts
Hey guys, remember how I mentioned that I wanted to build a custom center console with some goodies in it? I think that will be my next project. I have some 1/2" MDF in the garage, some 2/4 oak, and some leftover upholstery fabric from doing my bedside panels. I may pick up some walnut or quilted maple veneer for the face of the console, where the gauges, switches, and GPS will go.

Here are some of the pieces I'll be using - the switch panel, gauges, GPS unit, and CB antenna wire (I have to get a new CB as my Cobra is fried apparently):

A reminder of what my rough template looks like for my console:

The switches on the panel will control the front bumper lights, the rear bumper lights, a light bar that will be recessed into the front horizontal bars of the roof basket, four side- and rear-facing LED pods that will also be mounted to the basket, power to a rear-mounted air compressor in the cargo area, and a spare open spot. I also have a set of switches on order that will be mounted to the dash where the push button 4x4 would be to control the winch from the cab without using the wired remote.

I also picked up a full set of Eddie Bauer seats, front and rear, for $100 from a local guy. You may be asking why I would replace the front seats I have - well, they are great for keeping you secure in the seat since they have rigid side bolsters (reinforced with the seat frame). Those keep you firmly planted in the seat, especially when you are off-road and the truck is tilted sideways. However, they are not very comfortable, especially for a big guy like myself. I need to fix one part of the driver's side frame, but I think these may go in pretty soon.

The bench is already in:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again to all of you who took the time to read and watch my material. I had a great time, and hope you guys did too.

@NickOille you have a helluva rig that looks like it can go anywhere - I'm totally envious of your wheeling trips and that you have access to places like that. Here in Michigan, we don't see stuff like that!

@JohnnyBronco86 I would have loved to see more of your Bronco - it is a beautiful example of a bullnose!

@not a jeep it looks like you have some fun trips under your belt as well - would love to see more!

·
Super Moderator
24,242 Posts
Yo,

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,551 Posts
Ten minutes to vote...!

Personally, it may have been the toughest vote on FOTM to date.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
It was fun, hope I was able to give you guys and gals some entertainment for the month
@MS88Bronc
Beautiful Bronco, clean and capable build. Good show
@JohnnyBronco86
Super clean example of a great restoration, would have liked to have seen some of build progress and some action though
@not a jeep
I met you in Moab and didn't really get enough time to talk to you much. Was really looking forward to learning about the history of your Bronco. But I know work/wife/kids can take up a lot of time, so I get not having time to post much up here

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,953 Posts
It was fun, hope I was able to give you guys and gals some entertainment for the month

@MS88Bronc
Beautiful Bronco, clean and capable build. Good show

@JohnnyBronco86
Super clean example of a great restoration, would have liked to have seen some of build progress and some action though

@not a jeep
I met you in Moab and didn't really get enough time to talk to you much. Was really looking forward to learning about the history of your Bronco. But I know work/wife/kids can take up a lot of time, so I get not having time to post much up here
Nick, you put on a great show this month! You have made some amazing wheeling trips, and have the video evidence to back it up - I enjoyed your videos! Also, your fab skills are top notch and very creative and innovative. I thought you were going to take this thing for sure. Great show!

·
Super Moderator
24,242 Posts
Yo EVERYONE!

Congratulations to MS88Bronc!

WINNERS include so many that have or may utilize All of your accomplishments in their Broncos or Ford trucks.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.