Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, so my 88 bronco 5.0 is having fuel pump issues big time. It happened to me a while back I thought it was the crappy in line fuses so I replaced them. It didn't do it for a few months but now it's back. After driving about 30mins after the truck sitting it starts sputtering and bogging then dies out. The fuel pump won't come on and if it does then it's intermittent. When I turn the key I hear a very vague buzz coming from the pump like it's getting some power but it's not the very loud fuel pump noise. If I let it sit for like an hour it will start right back up and be good to drive another 30mins then do it again. I need help figuring this out please. It's not the relays because I jumped it and the pump came on but then died out 2 mins later and it's the second pump I've put on in a year and this one is only 2 months old.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check the fuel pressure at the rail but it sounds just like the high pressure pump on the frame rail. Mine acted the same way, as the truck ran it would get worse and worse until the truck would stall. Wait 30 min and the pump would start to work again for a while.
Replaced the high pressure pump and all is good now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts