Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, after tooling and running the bronco, I have been actually considering selling it. There's a guy down the street willing to buy it from me for $4,000! Reality has hit and I can no longer keep up with gas bills (especially since gas has now hit $3.10 a gallon) and parts are hard to find. It still runs rich, I put in a new float and it has seemed to run better, but I have found rust underneath the carpet and my brakes are almost gone.

This is a serious question and I know some of you are skeptical about whether I really do even have a bronco. But I have been considering selling it for a Jeep Wrangler TJ or 92-96 bronco.

All feelings aside, what should I do?

Thanks for any input!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
If you can't keep up with the cost of fuel now, there's probably no advantage going to a '92-'96 model. We're barely doing better than the 12-15mpg range.

If it were me, I'd probably sell it if it were my daily driver, and get something with relatively good mileage. That way, I could save my money and get one later down the road, and one that doesn't need much work to keep it running. Just my .02.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Grab a ricer a small older pickup (Yota) and stash the truck in the back yard for now.Rust and brakes and such are just part of the ongoing deal with anything thats not new.It'll be ALOT harder to find another one later.Jus' put it on the backburner for now until ya get better funds coming in!!! :thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,373 Posts
those small older yotas aren't as cheap as I thought... but it does save at the pump compared to the old stone!
I'd consider a daily driver and keepi the old Bronco for fun... if that's an option for you at all. Other than that... see david's post!

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
quit bitching, work more to support the truck or get rid of it. i'm driving 300 miles a week at 13mpg combined if i'm lucky (cat may be clogged). do i enjoy it, hell no, is it what i gotta do for now.......ya.

and going from a 78-79 to a 92-96 to save fuel is just assenine. a 3 ton (that's 6,000 pounds) vehicle with a big honking V8 is just not going to get good mileage. yes, six has pulled over 20mpg, i've pulled 21mpg before. but it is not on a regular basis. you're what, 16? get an old ass civic with a 5 speed, they never die. they are everywhere, and can be found for cheap, parts are EVERYWHERE for those things.

·
Banned
443 Posts
if

You can get $4000.00 for it with rusted floors and a bad carb or need of engine repairs, I would do it...If you need the money. Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forward.

Buy something for a DD and then take your time looking around for a bronco in better shape, maybe one you would rather have for the long term,you see them on here all the time in good shape for the same price. goodluck. :beer

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Me still thinks you're full of shit.

Parts are not hard to find for a 79, maybe imaginary parts for your imaginary Bronco. :goodfinge
:stupid

He needs an excuse to take more pictures of other broncos to put on his signatures. This one is old and he has no others.

hey can you sell my unicorn to this guy.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
you wont be able to buy a tj for 4k. maybe a yj. belive me i tried.

you could find a 92-96 for that price, which is a little better on gas than a 400

1 - 20 of 33 Posts