1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be welcome news for all the guys. :toothless
Sex Makes the Brain Grow
Jul 30th 2010 By Jeremy Taylor
Our happy hour fact to amaze your drinking buddies with.

In an experiment involving lab rats, sex was correlated with adult brain growth.

Since previous studies have shown that stressful, unpleasant situations can hinder brain growth, researchers from Princeton University wanted to see if stressful but pleasurable situations -- like sex -- would achieve the opposite effect. So, they divided male lab rats into three groups: The rats in one group were given sex partners daily, the second group got set up with female companionship once every two weeks and the third group got nothing at all.

The rats that had regular sex showed adult brain growth, as well as an increase in the connections between brain cells. As a possible effect of their larger brains, the sexually experienced rats were less anxious and quicker to eat food in an unfamiliar environment than the un-sexed rodents.

If you can't figure out a way to use this study to get more action from your wife or girlfriend, you really need to be having more sex.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Nice to know my positive feedback loop is working as anticipated. :thumbup

Plastic women don't count, AJ. :rofl:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does sex with yourself count?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
They should've done this with monkeys. Rats can't masturbate. I think. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
If masturbation counts, that would explain why my head is so huge. I have to wear a helmet at all times because I am liable to fall over since I am so top heavy.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You've never heard the term "Get your rocks off?"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do de do

·
the Broheim
3,994 Posts
really? how much money was wasted just to come to the conclusion that regular poon = swagger. They should do a study and try and find out where commonsense has disappeared too:doh0715:

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
really? how much money was wasted just to come to the conclusion that regular poon = swagger. They should do a study and try and find out where commonsense has disappeared too:doh0715:
X2
"Swagger" infers a psychological benefit. Larger, more efficient brains is a permanent physiological result that isn't dependent on ego to retain it's benefits. That's worth knowing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts