Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll figured I'd throw my hat in the ring on this one.

New Hefty Fabworks Shackle Flip kits for 78-96 bronco's and F-150's
This kit will give you 4 inches of lift using your stock springs and shackles. Increases articulation and spring shackle movement. Replaces the stock shackle mounts and uses existing holes. Includes all new grade 8 hardware. Comes as a set one Left and one right side mount.

3/8" mounting plate. 1/4" spring mount and gussets. All CNC cut for accurate fitment.

(come fully welded. sorry just tacked in the picture)

Price $145 per set

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Looks like a stout piece. Got a few questions. Why is the bolt hole for the shackle so close to the edge of that piece when it looks like you could move it more towards the center? Seems to me you would get more strength with more metal surrounding it. Also, when you say uses existing holes, do you mean existing holes like Ruff Stuff or sky where your shackle angle is junk, or use existing holes and you're good to go?

I'm not knocking the product. It looks very well thought out and very beefy and at a great price. I'm just curious.

On a side note, is there anything you won't build? At the rate your going you'll be opening your own vehicle manufacturing plant before to long.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Looks great! I"m diggin the price

Just a couple questions.... How is shakle angle after these are installed? And do we have to use stock shackles, or are you gonna offer new shackles as an option?

On a side note, is there anything you won't build? At the rate your going you'll be opening your own vehicle manufacturing plant before to long.:thumbup
:histerica Thats so true!

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a stout piece. Got a few questions. Why is the bolt hole for the shackle so close to the edge of that piece when it looks like you could move it more towards the center?
Bolt hole has plenty of area around it for support. Seems to me you would get more strength with more metal surrounding it.

The reason it is off set is for extra bracing towards the rear (direction of force on the bracket) as well as there is a support behind the bolt for lateral support. Basically it is wider in the areas that need the reinforcement.

Also, when you say uses existing holes, do you mean existing holes like Ruff Stuff or sky where your shackle angle is junk, or use existing holes and you're good to go?

I'm not exactly sure that I understand your question. They flip bracket bolts to the existing holes that will be in the frame after you remove the rivets from your stock shackle hangers. As far as the angle of the shackle being junk on both ruff stuff and Sky I personally haven't seen that at all and I've been running the sky flips on my truck forever. Shackle angle is right where it needs to be. At least that has been my experience.

I'm not knocking the product. It looks very well thought out and very beefy and at a great price. I'm just curious.

I'll build anything I can. I would love to get the business to the point where I can have a full production crew and all the equipment I need to build it all. Why? Want me to build you a buggy:thumbup
Looks great! I"m diggin the price

Just a couple questions.... How is shakle angle after these are installed? And do we have to use stock shackles, or are you gonna offer new shackles as an option?
New shackles will be displayed in the next week. The flip kit can be used with either our new Heavy duty Shackles or your stock ones. The biggest downfall of the shackle flip is that the stock shackles can't handle the side forces that are put on them. One good hit and they bend over. My stock shackles were reinforced and I still bent them. I doubt you'll bend our new HD shackles!!! They will be available in both stock length as well as a 2" longer version that will give you an extra inch of lift and better spring travel.

:histerica Thats so true!
Ditto....

and add some pictures of them mounted:thumbup
Will do. Just gotta tear my truck apart.....again! That will help to show the shackle angle as well.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'll build anything I can. I would love to get the business to the point where I can have a full production crew and all the equipment I need to build it all. Why? Want me to build you a buggy

I don't think I'm in bugggy territory yet, but I'm thinking in the near future my truck might have more of your stuff on it than Ford.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Very interested in these! When you say per set do you mean per side?
Also would like to see some pictures and maybe some pricing on the HD 2" shackles?

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
I so would have bought these off of you had I not of just ordered a pair from Sky Manufacturing...especially since it took so long for them to ship them. Bump!

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shackles will be $145 a set (pair) as well. The price on the flip kits is $145 for both sides and all the mounting hardware. The first set of shackles and flip kit is at the powder coaters. I should get it back tomorrow and then I'll get pics and get them mounted.

Also there have been some people asking me if I can build the flip kit in a 2-2 1/2" lift version. Is there much interest in this?

Oh yeah.....Flip kits ship next business day!

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
if you built a flip kit to lift the rear 2-2 1/2" (To match my 4" front lift, and it'd give the same lift as a stock shackle flip"

then i would absolutely be interested in this.... my stock shackles and brackets look like they came out my back end

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
1 - 20 of 152 Posts