Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
im running the F150 pro comp 6" lift springs, but thats only cause i wanted alot of lift. it really depends on how much lift you want. some guys run the stock springs. i do not recommed the procomps BTW. the superlifts i have in front are built so much better. the PC's leaves twist all around, i went on price and should have held out for better rear springs. i will say they flex well and hold their advertised 6" after lots of abuse.

·
Banned
495 Posts
hey do you know if the spring pad spacing from a 80's rear axle from a ford pickup is the same as the 78-79 broncos? that thing is massive you got!

Ray

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that thing is massive you got!

Ray

if i had a nickle for every time i heard that....

i dont know much about 80's axles, however i think the frames are diff width and maybe also the spring pads, but either way easy to move around if needed.

WOOD, do you already have the flip kit? if not just get some 6" rear springs. Or if you want to go with the SKY flip, which should add 4.5" (i know ill get flamed for this) just get a 2" taller block and keep yur stock springs

·
Gear Driven!!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOOD, do you already have the flip kit? if not just get some 6" rear springs. Or if you want to go with the SKY flip, which should add 4.5" (i know ill get flamed for this) just get a 2" taller block and keep yur stock springs
I'm running 6" springs in the rear now,but they are stiff as hell and I'm going with something with more flex.And yes I got the flip kit...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
so i am thinking you got it but its not installed. im sure you could sell the 6" springs. OR better yet, take your stock ones add a few leaves from the 6" ones and try that.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm running 6" super flex coils and 6" Deaver leafs. I had to "adjust" the shackle location a bit to get the truck to sit level. I'm thinkin a some 4" leafs would be darn close(leaving the shackle in the stock location)

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Nice bolt caps:rockon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts