Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding stupid, I have a couple of questions. If I do the shackle flip from sky manufacturing, what do I do in the front? The back already sits higher by a couple of inches (part of a half assed attempt at a body lift by the previous owner). Can I just get bigger springs?:shrug I pondered the idea of doing an entire body lift, but pretty much everyone tells me how bad that will be. I don't know, but I have to get my other truck in the garage before snow starts and I haven't even started on this bronco. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
first, get rid of the old body lift. especially if it was half-assed.

second, you will need some lift springs for the front. if it was a 78/79, then thats all you would really need, but you will probably need some other ttb brackets and such, so the ttb doesnt implode. find someone who had a 4" lift and then did a SAS, and get their old front lift components.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, "half assed" was probably a little strong. It looks like he started on the back and never made it to the front. My bronc is a '91, but from the looks of it, most of the parts on the front end have been gone over (i.e. newer bolts, brackets, etc...).

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
are you saying that the previous owner put a body lift on in the back, but didn't do the front? i would like to see pictures to get an idea of whats going on. sounds like it could be interesting.

as far as lifting the front, do what squatty said. there are a ton of people who are doing SAS really soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If my camera were not on the fritz right now I would definitely get some pictures up. Yeah its kind of ugly the way it sits right now, but I got a pretty good deal on it, so I wasn't asking too many questions. Thanks for the advice.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I agree with these guys.

1st off get that half ass body lift off!

2nd there are some on here that have some lifts for sale. Check the classified area and I am sure you will find one. As a matter of fact there is/was a 4" rancho seem to be going pretty cheap on ebay.

3rd.....almost forgot, go pay the previous owner and :twak :twak the chit out of him for doing that half a$$ed job on the body lift.

Some people (previous owner) are just simply amaze me at how stupid they can be when doing something like this.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
how the heck could you only put the lift spacers on the back?if you didnt unbolt the front and the back, lifting the back 3 inches off would bend the front bolts no?plus wouldnt the body be sitting all weird on the spacers installed on the back?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Ledee416 said:
if you didnt unbolt the front and the back, lifting the back 3 inches off would bend the front bolts no?plus wouldnt the body be sitting all weird on the spacers installed on the back?
:stupid i need to see some pics of this "half done" body lift

·
Registered
150 Posts
is he going to post the pics or not? I really want to see this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts