Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a little while and haven't found to much in the way of negative of a shackle flip from Sky. If you have a link please pass it along.

I was thinking about doing this as a way to avoid using blocks, and still getting a 6 inch lift for not tooooo high of a price. I am not planning on doing this for atleast 6 months or so (Buying house at the moment), but thought i would think about getting my plan in order.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
hey, i ran the Sky shackle kit on my bronco and now its on my F250. I think its a great way to get around using blocks or new springs which can completely destroy any soft ride you have stock. They also bolt right up to the stock shackle holes on the frame. You just have the drill them out to 1/2"..They HOWEVER do move the axle forward an inch. As far as doing a 6" lift in the front the shackle kit will give you 4.5" or so. My opinion would be to get rid of the stock block, use a 4*taper and a 2" block in combo with the shackle flip. youll have a small amount of rake and when your towing or carrying a full load your truck will sit flat, not sag in the back. Just dont forget the brake line and shocks. Good luck on your build!!!:beer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts