Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing the new Deaver rear leafs that came with the superflex 5.5" lift kit I got from Bronco Graveyard, it seems that the bushings stick out a little far on both sides of the leafs in the rear to fit into the shackle (about 1/4" on each end. Has anyone else run into this issue with the deaver leafs or when installing new bushings into leafs where it doesn't quite fit into the shackle? The new leafs are the same 3" width as the old springs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is what happens when you go to a local auto store and ask for shackles for a 3" wide leaf spring, they give you 3" wide shackles for a 2.5" leaf rather than 3.5" shackles for a 3" leaf. I'm gonna stick with bronco graveyard from now on, at least I always get the right part and it's actually cheaper including shipping most of the time. $90 for a pair of shackles at auto zone or $36 plus shipping from bronco graveyard. I'll wait for the shipping, they are quick too!

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
unless hes done a shackle flip extended shackles will lower the rear and be rather pointless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts