Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Hi-Lift jack a few weeks ago from 4WP a week before christmas, (The had 5 available, per store for $20.00, first come first serve,, also got a free receiver clevis mount..

I have done some searching around on mounting locations, and finally decided to mount it in the rear compartment, on my rack that Me and the boys made last weekend...

I made a quick trip to Lowe's and got the needed hardware,

I drilled a hole in the rack, and then used the drill press to drill a hole in the center of each rubber plug,

I then took a 3/4 paddle bit and recessed a place for the lock nut to sit.

I then pre assembled everything and repaeted the process.

Mounted everything to the rack and installed the hi-lift

It is nice and solid, no rattle, and still gives me access to the tool kit under the tank and access to the petcocks for the aux fuel tank..

I will be mounting a extra set of axles ot a shovel/axe above the jack..

total, cost about $30.00 includeing the jack.

Chem

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shackle mounts

I have wanted to add some shackles to the front end of my 86 for some time, especially since the pre-runner bumper doesn't lend itself to mounting any directly to it.

I wanted to hook into the frame in 2 places and at the same time reinforce/sandwich the bumper mounts to the frame..

I have searched high and low for a piece of 1x2 bar stock, couldn't find any for free, so broke down and paid $6.00 for this piece.

I cut it to 13 inches with my angle grinder and cleaned it up with the bench grinder.

next up was the drilling, a couple of good harbor freight graduated bits and lots of WD 40, made quick work of this task.

I drilled 2 1/2 holes, centered and one 7/8ths hole per mount (this allows the shackle pin to fit through.

A quick run to Lowe's for some grade 8 hardware and a quick mock up before paint.

The holes I drilled in the bar match up with the pre existing holes on the frame, this will allow me to sandwich the pre-runner bumper between the bar and the fame.
I wil get pics of this tomorrow, whenit is not raining out, as I mount this up.

Chem

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks DC,

it is nice and solid, the rubber spacers give it some good resistance and do not allow it to rattle...

Chem

·
Registered
195 Posts
looks good, I really like the shackle mount...any pics of it on the truck? I have kinda the same idea.

20$ for a hi-lift? thats beyond cheap! good buy.
-Justin

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks good! What a steal on that jack!
mmehhh!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All,

the Aux tank is mounted solid, but is made to be removed for maint etc if necessary..

I revised the mounting location on the jack to the upper portion of the frame, just below the top of the rack, this allowed for me to have easier access to the tool kit, etc, (which got alot of use this weekend)

The jack was a great steal, it is the 48 in model, which is fine for a stock height bronco, but anything taller, the jack would be useless...

Here is a pic of the shackles mounted up fron,

they came out really nice and solid...

grade 8 hardware.. no worries about it holding up...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to post a few more pics of both items completed and installed

the shackle mounts are great,

the hi-lift mount, I decided to move up, for easier access and to allow for more storage under the jack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts