Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Yep, that's exactly what I've done. Whose rig is that? He even moved the shackle pivot up and forward like I did.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
LOL, well I guess someone looks at my registry pics, that whole swap looks awfully familiar:toothless

·
Registered
918 Posts
Looks like someone has a date with some rust inhibitor and some Krylon? :D

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Wow Thats alot of rust:) My 85 frame still looks new and I'm in Alaska:)

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
BadassBronco said:
ya, not all of use live in ****ign gay california with no rust!
HAHA sucks to be where you live!:D I guess its a trade-off. We get stringent emission testing and you get rust up the ying yang.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
broncobandit said:
I used the rear shackle mount off of a 78 f-250 it places the shackles in the frame rails instead of under them. you have to put a good size hole in the frame but it really isnt that big of a deal.
But only helps you if you have a '78/9 D60 with the 32" center to center spring perch spacing.

Whether or not you can see it in the pics, the newer 36" center to center spring perch spacing requires the spring to be ..............well..........to be just under the frame, about 2/3 out and 1/3 under.........or maybe the reverse. Hell, I forgot. But you get my drift.

The hangers for the rear of front leafs from any '80+ F250 or 350 is the easiest way, just as pictured........cause it bolts up and puts the spring exactly where it needs to be side-to-side

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
J-Roc said:
Hey Broncobandit,
Do you have any pics of your rear shackle mounts?
They're the same ones I posted pics of showing SwampDonkey it could be a way to do a bolt-on swap if he used them up front..... but SuperFord made those pics mysteriously disappear. Maybe I can find time to re-post tonight.

EDIT: here ya go.

Burn a hole for the lip I'm pointing at, replace the three rivets with bolts:

Could work like this on the framehorn, too, if you were willing to have the shackle up front:

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Keith_L said:
They're the same ones I posted pics of showing SwampDonkey it could be a way to do a bolt-on swap if he used them up front..... but SuperFord made those pics mysteriously disappear. Maybe I can find time to re-post tonight.

EDIT: here ya go.
Burn a hole for the lip I'm pointing at, replace the three rivets with bolts...Could work like this on the framehorn, too, if you were willing to have the shackle up front:
Thank you very much Keith for making that clear as day. Thats what I thought they looked like. My mounts are pretty much the same as the one you pictured. I plan to reinforce the inside of the frame with 3/16" steel while using the mounts. I plan on the reverse shackle setup- sometime :banghead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts