Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
10,431 Posts
I know all too well about illegal left hand (U)turns in 2017...

Mine was at 65mph and it was completely totalled. Damage all the way behind the seats, roof, floor, firewall, suspension, etc.

I feel your pain, but looks like you've turned lemons into lemonade! Nice looking build. That 400 ought to be pretty mean.

If I had to guess, your paint had too much color. It's the right color, but too dark at most angles. Sometimes colors like that are very transparent and need lots of coats to get the desired color. Primer color can also influence the end result. I run into it trying to match pantone ink colors into paint. Sometimes it is impossible because the painter doesnt want to paint 10 coats.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #142

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Great recovery!! I bet you're glad to have her back and looking so good! Some folks would have taken the opportunity to convert to rectangular headlights - glad you didn't. The new round LEDs look great.
Nope!! I am a round headlight fan, through and through!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
So in the last couple of months I was able to save my pennies and upgrade to some Tom's Bronco Parts extended Radius Arms, Bloody Knuckle Garage Shock Hoops and Bilstein 5123 Shocks all the way around. The difference is amazing!! If someone had $1000 to spend on their Bronco to improve it's performance, I would tell them to do this...... This is with the 4" Wild Horses Flexmaster Lift and 37" tires.....

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
To say that this upgrade dramatically improved my rig's offroad performance would be an understatement..... can you say Articulation? (I apologize in advance for the photo in AutoZone's parking lot, but they have the best lit parking lot in my small town... :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Here are some shots of play time on the Dunes in Florence, Oregon, during the Northwest Bronco RoundUp 2019.....

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Me in my 78 and my best friend in his 72.....

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
great write up and a lot of things happend, which you all overcame !! TOP JOB!

What wheels are those and is it a big thing getting rid of the big black box in the passenger side engine bay?

·
Registered
152 Posts
@Shadowops, Congrats on the rebuild. The Northwest Bronco roundup in Florence looked like a blast.

I recognize the brown first gen Bronco coming up the dune behind you on your left (right in the picture). If its the one Im thinking of it Belongs to my friend Mathew, he has helped me a lot with my '89 build. Hope to see you down there summer of 2020

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
converting is ez if you know what you're doing or if you have help. the main thing is to have your drive shafts changed to fit the automatic, I fi were to do over i get new ones and sell the stick ones.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts