Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the pm i got from them on pirate from my want to buy 5.38 r&p sets back in dec.
i ordered them that week. when i got them the pinion gear had two chipped teeth and they are giving me a hard time about exchanging them. here is the pm:
D60 gears

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we have a set of Yukon 5.38 Reverse cut thick gears in stock. We can do them for $161 plus shipping
thanks
Izzy
www.shaffersoffroad.com
http://www.myspace.com/shaffersoffroad

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i bought these back in december and now they are telling me that izzy quit and mike shaffer has not done shit about getting me my gears. everytime i call he either puts me on hold or says his computer is down or i'll call you back and never calls.
if my gears are not here by this friday , im taking action. im gonna post this crap up everywhere and im gonna call my credit card co. and file a complaint and im also gonna call the better business bureau in his state and file a complaint. this works , i know cause ive done it before.
im real close to telling him to stick my money up his ass. and if you think this is bad , i promise you the thread on pirate that i will post will get me banned .

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Its BS when someone screws with your $$$$ hope it works out.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its BS when someone screws with your $$$$ hope it works out.
oh, its gonna work out. thanks.
if i can find the # to yukon, i would call them and let them know how their products are being sold.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok , here is what i posted on pirate:
and here is a link :http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7898547#post7898547
back in dec. i had posted in want to buy section. wtb 5.38 r&p sets. i got a pm from izzy at shaffers . so i bought a set from them. when they got here , the pinion gear had two chipped teeth .i called and he said he would get me out another set with a call tag for the bad gears. this was jan. 3rd. a week later, no gears so i call again. he said he forgot about it and i would have them the next day. i told him ground shipping would be fine and not to pay the expensive next day air cost. another week goes by and still no gears. so i call again and its pretty much the same story. the next week still no gears . so i call again and ask for izzy. mike shaffer answered the phone and told me izzy is out to lunch how can i help you ? i told him the story and said i'll just call back tomorrow and talk to izzy. he says well he wont be here cause he quit on us yesterday. he got my phone # and said he would call me back. he never called so i called him back a few days later. he said he would get me some gears and i'd have them in a few days. well , over a week later i had to call him again to remind him about this and he said i would have them soon. ok mike its nearly two more weeks and i have no gears. you have my money though. but i guess thats all you seem to care about. im gonna call one last time mike and then im posting this story everywhere and im calling yukon customer service , im calling my credit card company, im calling the better business bureau in your state and filing a complaint . all i want is what i paid for back in dec. and all i have is a bad pinion gear. i emailed izzy pics and he said you looked at them and said , send him a new set. what are you waiting on ??????? send me my damn gears.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a copy of an email from izzy:
Mike,
If you can send me pictures whenever you have time of the gears, they we can figure out what to do from there
thanks
Izzy
Shaffer's Offroad
775 885-9944

Thanks !
www.shaffersoffroad.com

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
mike can be a real ass. send it bck, tell them you want your money back and you wont accept any other solution. i did that with an ARB. the only reason I had them do my original cage was becaue of the guy who was wrking for shaffer.

·
Banned
44 Posts
that's BS. Don't give in on these guys....save the rest of us the hassle in the future. People who conduct business like that drive me insane.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's BS. Don't give in on these guys....save the rest of us the hassle in the future. People who conduct business like that drive me insane.
dont worry , if i have to spend a thousand dollars to make him loose a thousand than i will. they will not get over on me. ill fly down there.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I agree on returning of the gears. Make sure you have good pictures. Send them back with a tracking number for a confirmation. Send you claim to the CC company and just get a refund that way.

Then go to a local shop.

Before you send your story to the CC company clean up the description with paragraphs and captilization. Ever notice that the people that get things resolved quickly usually have a well thought out and concise description of the problem.

Example, don't say I called again - Say I called for the third time, fourth time, fifith time, etc.

Trust me your story will have more impact on the person at the CC company.

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now im not worried about it. my goal now is to spread the word about how their shop sucks. ive got some real good replies so far from other people that are pissed at them to. the gears were only $181.00 . so if i can warn a few customers or possible new customers then i'll be happy. and yes i still plan on calling my cc co. and the bbb of carson city. and i will be more professional when i talk with them. right now im just pissed thats why im waiting a few days before i call.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Mike...

I think its BADASS what you are doing. I love it when people actually take action!

that is all...

·
tactical-mike
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Member: 74942

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzytheman
Mike,
Hey its Izzy, hey i did quit because i was way to overwhelmed with orders and couldnt really do anything about it(paying for orders). Before i left i called the Vendor and they said they were going to get it taken care of. I dont if anything has changed since i left. But i am very sorry about all of this i was trying my hardest to get it taken care of.

Izzy

i understand and thanks for the pm. but mike hasnt done shit about it. and i really needed those a month ago. i had my 4.88's sold but im not pulling them out until my 5.38's are here.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Damn Mike, I had no idea you were going through that with your gears. It sounds like you did everything you could to work this out the nice way first, so fawk that guy. Shops like that can't go out of business fast enough to suit me. Strike that; I hope he sends you a refund and then goes out of business five minutes later.:thumbup

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Not going to get anywhere with Pirate since Shaffer builds and co drives the PBB Jeepspeed.

You're better of getting the credit card company to refund and call it good. Then buy from someone that can be trusted.

This is why I will still spend more money for a specific part and by from a local 4x4 shop then a web vendor or any of the large 4x4 warehouses.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts