Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to hold out from posting this because I see how much shaffers supports pirate4x4.com, however I cannot hold out anyl onger.

1/5/08 Sat- Ordered 4 bilstein 5150 shocks and 8 shock tabs.

1/7/08 Monday- I got an email saying that my order is in process. I think wow thats awsome service.

1/10/08 Thursday- I get a call saying that the shocks I ordered are on back order and they (shaffer's) will not be getting their shipment till mid week the following week. I told them ok cool no problem, at least there being honest and I can fully understand the problems associated with being in buisness. So I planed on getting my shocks and tabs around the 16th.

fastforward to the 16th(wed), 17th(thurs), 18th(fri) no shipment.

1/21/08 Monday- I call them to see what’s the issue, I explain to the guy what going on, he takes my info and says he is going to call me back by the end of the day; end of the day comes No call.

1/22/08 Tuesday- I call back, talk to the same guy, takes my info down says he going to call back by the end of the day. so 5:45(their time) no call, so I Call them back. same guy answers the phone says he has been real busy, and there was a problem at the ups store and he was going to go down there after work to resolve it and call me from his cell phone to give me an update. well, the guy never calls me. I couldn’t call back the following day beacuse I had alot of stuff to do

1/24/08 Thursday- I call them Talk to the same dude. He now tells me that the shocks I ordered were on back order and they are still waiting on a shipment of the shocks that they expect later in the day or the next(fri).

1/28/08 Monday- I give them the benefit of the doubt of the extra day. I call them back, talk to the same dude and they said that they didn’t get there shipment but it should be their tomorrow (Tuesday 29th).

1/29/08 Tuesday- I call to talk to the same guy, he says that they got the shocks and they should go out tonight, and he also added that he would call me with the tracking number, well he never did.

1/30/08 Wednesday- I call talk to the same dude said shocks were overnighted.

Thursday no shocks, 1/2/08 Friday- I leave for Reno, NV to visit family, my dad calls and says I got 2 of the 4 shocks and no tabs.

2/4/08 Monday- I call and talk to mike Shaffer the owner, I explain everything that has been going on. He informs me the guy that I have been dealing with does not work there anymore for this reason and that he would have to look into what was going on and that he would call me the next day Tuesday 2/5

2/5/08 Tuesday no call.

2/6/08 Wednesday I call them, Mike tells me that the shocks will be drop shipped directly from bilstein and I should get them the following week on wed or Thursday (13 or 14) and also the tabs will be shipped and should arrive the same time. 14th comes and goes, and no shocks or tabs.

2/14/08 Thursday -I call at 5:30(their time) and talk to some other guy, I tell him what going on, and then he tells me that mike is away for the week. He informs me he works in the shop and is only taking messages and that he will email mike to see what’s going on with my order and that he would call back Friday (15th).

2/15 Friday- 5:30(their time) and I call them again, talk to the same dude from the day before and he tells me that mike didn’t return the email and that I would have to wait for Monday because he can not find any information about my shocks or tabs. He also informs me that bilstein doesn’t drop ship to customers, I tell him that’s funny because mike told me that’s what happened, he says "well sorry dude I cant help ya I work in the shop, call back Monday." which I can understand were the guy is coming from. So I said "thanks for the help Ill call Monday".

2/18/ Monday- called first thing in the morning and I talked to mike again. He told me He will call bilstein and call me back. Around 5:30 I still haven’t received a call. I call them, and mike tells me that he hasn’t been able to reach anyone at bilstein and thinks they might be closed.

I can fully understand the problems they have being in buisness, however I have been very patient with them and I think this is getting out of hand. Eveytime I talk to them I get a some stupid lame excuse.

how should I proceed from here? I payed through paypal, should I notify them?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Call paypal, and have the payment canceled... you didn't get the product, so no money should be due.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The only problem with paypal is the amount of time it will take them to investigate the claim. By the time you get your money back the shocks will probably be at your house. It's a tough call in this situation. If you DO file a claim maybe it will get that guy moving a little faster on your shocks. If you file a claim it will take the amount you paid and put it on hold from the company. This will cause them to go into a negative balance and will screw up their books (if they are good with that). I'd call them back and tell them your going to file a claim through paypal and proceed from there.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
im going through a disaster with shaffers also. i'll never order from them again. if they were close by , i'd already stormed their front door with a major attitude. ive been trying to get my parts from them for well over a month now.

they couldnt run a whore house if it were already established.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats funny you said that because I was within 20 minutes of their shop in reno visiting, I told the owner (mike) that I was just going to come down there and handle this face to face but he talked enought BS to make meel feel sorry for him so I didnt. Now I am Wishing that I would have just showed up.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
its amazing how these companies think that they can get away with this. I'd tell them you made a call to the better buisness buro. See if that gets them on their ass moving...

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
cool . i just posted in their. thanks.

its getting ready to get good cause if he answers yes im gonna **** his thread up . pirate can ban me and he can stick my money up his ass.

here is the pm i got from them on pirate from my want to buy 5.38 r&p sets back in dec.
i oredered them that week. when i got them the pinion gear had two chipped teeth and they are giving me a hard time about exchanging them. here is the pm:
D60 gears

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we have a set of Yukon 5.38 Reverse cut thick gears in stock. We can do them for $161 plus shipping
thanks
Izzy
www.shaffersoffroad.com
http://www.myspace.com/shaffersoffroad

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Fawk all that. You should have went by there when you were 20 minutes away! Refund or merchindise then and there! Bottom Line....You should go to every fourm you can and post this BS!! That Pirate thread would be a good starting place!!! Good Luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fawk all that. You should have went by there when you were 20 minutes away! Refund or merchindise then and there! Bottom Line....You should go to every fourm you can and post this BS!! That Pirate thread would be a good starting place!!! Good Luck.
I was thinking of that but my post count is zero over at pirate even though Ive been a member for a few years. I dont want to look like I just came their to bash the guy.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I was thinking of that but my post count is zero over at pirate even though Ive been a member for a few years. I dont want to look like I just came their to bash the guy.
why not? hell i would. besides, he owes you money or the rest of your order. he deserves it anyways for givin you the run around

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
called today at 1230 pm their time. I talked to mike he gave me a horrible attitude like I was bothering him. He told me that he was going to call bilstein to see were my shocks were and call me back. no call back.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
called today at 1230 pm their time. I talked to mike he gave me a horrible attitude like I was bothering him. He told me that he was going to call bilstein to see were my shocks were and call me back. no call back.
when i first talked to him yesterday thats how he was and i told him i was beyond fed up and he laughed. i said the shit aint f'n funny you got my money and i want my shit . and i told him why ask for my # cause everytime you do you never call me back. i told him my # again and said you better be finding me some gears or im doing something about it . he called me back and apologized with a sob story and said my gears would be here friday for sure.
so we will see.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally just got my money back last night.

I placed my original order 2 months ago, and all I have to show for it is wasted time,a headache, and a bunch of cell phone minutes used up for nothing.

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
that sucks i would of driven my bronco through the front of his shop if he did that to me! if someone has your money they better hold up their end of the deal thats all i have to say glad it worked out for you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts