Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 is having a problem ever since I had brakes and front shocks replaced. Whenever I go on a righthand curve going more than 40 mph the front end shakes violently. Doesn't happen going left or straight and has to be more than 40 mph. Have had two different shops try to figure it out but so far everyone is just scratching their heads. Anyone familiar with this problem and quite possibly have a solution?:confused:

K

·
0 Posts
if you can, try to drive it around a bit so it gets hot, and then take it in to get them to look at it (hopefully right away!)... sometimes they cant tell when its cooled down and has been sitting there, but as pony boy said, quite possibly your bearings, or maybe even your tire...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure the last mechanic looked at it hot and cold. He admitted he was a Chevy guy and really wasn't sure what he was looking for. Anyone know of someone that specializes in full size Broncos in the Southern California area?

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
does you bronco have auto hubs in the front? If he installed them wrong it would be engauged wile drivein all the time and that might be whats causeing the problem.

have someone watch and see if the axle turns wile your drivein in 2wd. if it is thats your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, my hubs are automatic. That's what the last mechanic said he thought was the problem, but apparently he didn't know how to fix it. Is there a manual available that I can buy which explains the correct way to install the hubs?

K

·
0 Posts
what kinda hubs you got? maybe try its website to see if theres anything on it....

but i think that if your hubs were cnstantly engaged, you would have found out by now... driving around on the freeway in 4-wheel drive isnt the best thing for your truck! :banghead

·
Registered
98 Posts
With the hubs locked but the transfer case in 2h you would hardly notice it wile driveing. When i was about 17 years old I installed the auto hubs wrong so they were engauged and you couldnt really tell until you put it in 4wd when the hubs would unlock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similiar problem on my left front when I replaced a rotor. It started as a small vibration. I replaced the rotor and had to pound out the studs in order to put the new rotor on the hub. The problem got much worse, in fact, the rotor wobbled about an 1/8th inch. I replaced the rotor again, same thing. I finally figured out that the hub was actually bent somehow. I replaced the whole hub and rotor assembly with a new one (same cost new at napa as the junkyard wanted) and the problem was solved. I still have no clue how the hub got bent.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i had a similar problem. at exactly 45mph, my truck would shake violently.

alignment checked, shocks replaced, brakes checked, etc etc.

turns out that the right-front tire was worn unevenly / cupped and was causing the vibration.

new tires = no vibration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts