Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly I didnt search much to find anything about this and I know this is pretty common but jw how common it is when accelerating and leveling out at 70 my truck will start to shake some, not bad but noticeably, just wondering if anyone has done anything to help with this?

·
Registered
484 Posts
My guess is that you have a wheel that needs to be balanced.Can you tell if it is in the front or rear? If so, try rotating the tires and see if it changes

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had tires put on in July and balanced that helped but it still shakes somewhat, i mean im sitting in the front so it feels like its in the front/middle, do you not have this problem at all?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah true well that day i was going like 65 on the way home and there was a bit of shaking but i can go to 80 with the shaking not getting any worse it gets to a point and stops and i havent tried going past 80

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,535 Posts
Not unless they have those noise reduction lines cut into the pavement. I bet u joints. I had an 86 for the life of me I couldn't figure out the slight vibration I had. One day I found out what it was......the crankshaft snapped and shot out the front of my block. Was some awesome karnage.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Last time I drove mine it was fine at 80-85mph. minus the 12mpg I get when I go that fast. Oh well, time is money. My bronco drives smoother than my lumina (car needs some work)

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
...i can go to 80 with the shaking not getting any worse it gets to a point and stops and i havent tried going past 80
Whats the speed limit there? I say, drive the speed limit and don't worry about it.

This thread makes me think of all the people that bring their cars and trucks in to the dealer for a wind noise at 90:histerica

Edit: FWIW, Mine shimmys at 70 too, 'course I know why mine does it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why does yours shimmy?

on the toll road 65 meaning 75 and on the highway 55 meaning 63 if you dont want to get pulled over

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
Chinese rotors and drums will make it shake at those speeds. I just about threw mine across the counter @ Advance when I got mine and had that experience. No more Chinko stuff on my rig since.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was REALLY bad before i got new brake pads and rotors so compared to before its an improvement but honestly i dont know what kind of rotors and pads i have

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,535 Posts
Not unless they have those noise reduction lines cut into the pavement.
Yes around here they have freeways next to subdivisions. So they cut these lines in the pavement to reduce the noise levels for the citizens of those subdivisions and all I get is shimmys until I get past them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes around here they have freeways next to subdivisions. So they cut these lines in the pavement to reduce the noise levels for the citizens of those subdivisions and all I get is shimmys until I get past them.
im pretty sure thats so water doesnt puddle and has a place to escape, not for noise.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts