Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say first off thank you for those people who have replied to my other post I have been able to do a lot of first line maintenance to my new Bronco I have change the tires and rims which are 33 inch tires on 10 inch rims with brand new Goodyear tires my question is these were mounted and balanced when installed on the truck but the truck has a vibration as it goes down the road from as low as 15 or 20 miles an hour all the way up to about 75 I was curious if there is a way to balance the drive shaft or if there is some other part of the drivetrain that may be out of balance and causing it to shake

·
Registered
248 Posts
It is possible for the driveshaft to shake. I had an 88 F-150 with a dented driveshaft and it shook bad up to about 90 km/h.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,171 Posts
did it shake before you put the new tires on??

if not, it's the tires, they either weren't balanced properly, or one of them might be out of round.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You could try rotating the tires and check the lug nuts for being tight at the same time. I had a truck that when I put on new tires they only balanced two of them which end up on the back so when I rotated them the shake went away and I had to take it back to get the others balanced

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you can feel the shake at low speeds the problem likely comes from a bent rim or an out of round tire. Balance related vibration does not happen at these low speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts