Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power windows don't work too well in my '93 EB, I normally only lower them halfway so I have plenty of glass area to push up with my hands when I'm done.

However, I accidentally let the driver's window drop all the way down on the way home from work. So I grabbed a couple pairs of pliers to pull the window up from the door frame (like countless other times) but I must have applied pressure from the pliers at an angle in the dark, because the WHOLE d*mn window SHATTERED! :banghead

Yes, SHATTERED inside the door panel. Then, (of course, of course!) A freak rainstorm came here through Pinellas county at 10PM and drenched the Bronc's driver's seat. Serves me right for leaving too many car parts & projects in the garage. :smilie_slap

Ideas?? How do I get this out cleanly? There's a guy parting out an '89 Eddie Bauer in my neighborhood. Will door glass from an '89 EB fit my '93? Please advise ASAP. I'm thinking about taking a half-day from work to get this settled immediately with more rain coming this week.

Joe

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Hey! Im a Largo native, also. 115th & Seminole Blvd. No such thing as a "freak" rainstorm lol. Anyway, the '89 glass will fit. To get the shards out, just pull the panel and suck it out with a shop vac.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you dont end up geting the 89 glass, any truck 87-96 will fit (bronco or f-150). 80-86 windows are a little too wide however.

good luck. its pretty easy to replace. When i broke my pass. side I went through a couple windows until I was happy...took me only 5 min each window by the time I found the right one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yes it will fit. 80-96 is all the same. 78-79 I don't know- Never owned one.
80-86 glass will fit eventually, but there is a plastic spacer behind the window track on the front side of the window that needs to be removed. That is, if you HAVE to use 80-86 glass. It really doesnt fit well at all... 80-86 glass is about 3/8 of in inch too wide to fit a 87-96 without modification to your front side window track and seal. Again, it will end up fitting, but not very well at all.

I know from very very frustrating experience. Steve86 was the one who tipped me off to that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! Just agreed to buy the driver's side window from the '89 EB being parted out locally for $25.

Now's the perfect time for me to get both windows fixed with the new gears and nylon torque pins I got sitting around from eBay a couple weeks ago.

My butt was DRENCHED when I sat in the Bronc last night & this AM. Did you guys know each nook & cranny in the driver's door panel is watertight? I learned that the hard way with a drinking straw & spitting dusty crapwater onto the ground outside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts