Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fill the holes where the stock handle went. thanks for the help

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
bubble gum and sandable primer

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I would think someone hs a shave kit for an F150 that would work on the Bronco as well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Check this out.

http://freecarkits.com/shaveddoorhandles.htm

Now, if it were me shaving the door handles, I would go to a junkyard and cut out a patch panel to cover up the holes left instead of welding in three different patches.

Basically, draw a line from the rear of the door, bottom of the handle all the way to the front of the door in a straght line.
Do the same thing for the top of the handle.
Cut a bit bigger then you will need for the patch.

Once you cut out the metal that held the handle in, use that as a template to cut out a clean sheet that you got from the junkyard.
At this point, if you can't weld, you might want to bring it to a pro.

The idea of using a Bronco/F-150 door is the best because all of the lines and thickness will be the same.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Check this out.

http://freecarkits.com/shaveddoorhandles.htm

Now, if it were me shaving the door handles, I would go to a junkyard and cut out a patch panel to cover up the holes left instead of welding in three different patches.

Basically, draw a line from the rear of the door, bottom of the handle all the way to the front of the door in a straght line.
Do the same thing for the top of the handle.
Cut a bit bigger then you will need for the patch.

Once you cut out the metal that held the handle in, use that as a template to cut out a clean sheet that you got from the junkyard.
At this point, if you can't weld, you might want to bring it to a pro.

The idea of using a Bronco/F-150 door is the best because all of the lines and thickness will be the same.
bad idea. the bigger the panel you have to weld in the more warpage you will have, keep it small use small fill panels and take your time welding.

·
Registered
834 Posts
bad idea. the bigger the panel you have to weld in the more warpage you will have, keep it small use small fill panels and take your time welding.
True and I was not 100% clear.
I suggest cutting out the entire panel for sure
BUT
I failed to mention that, to fill the hole, only cut out a peice big enough to cover the hole left by the handle.
I personally would rather grab more then needed just in case of a mistake.
I am silly like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts