Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thanks for the help i went out and tinkered with it today and all it was was the distributer needed to be turned a little runnin like a champ now.. appriciate all feedback..:rockon

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Yeah, there is a procedure for checking timing, and it doesn't just involve spinning the distributor for the hell of it.

If you don't know what you're doing, stay out from under the hood. :twak

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea a real smartass, see its people like you that piss me off... someone has a question or tries to thank someone for their help and who comes along??? big bad ole smart ass who aint got nothin better to do than talk shit.. get a life BILLY WANNA BE BAD ASS!!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Any reason it was messed up to begin with?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
yea a real smartass, see its people like you that piss me off... someone has a question or tries to thank someone for their help and who comes along??? big bad ole smart ass who aint got nothin better to do than talk shit.. get a life BILLY WANNA BE BAD ASS!!
I pissed you off? Sweet, now I can pat myself on the back for the day.

I answer plenty of questions here daily that help people, just because you're a retard and what I said didn't help you the way you wanted it to, doesn't mean I did something wrong. :scrachhe

Here at 7:17pm, no, I don't have anything better to do at the moment. In about 30 minutes, I'm heading out with a couple of friends to the bar, so yeah, I'm definitely a "BILLY WANNA BE BAD ASS"... what, are you three? :rofl:

oh yea i forgot.. i wasnt spinnin the distributor for the hell of it CAUSE IT WORKED DIDNT IT!!!!!!!
Okay there brainiac, and obvious automotive technician... what's your base timing at now? 20* BTDC? 12*? 0*? Do you even know that it's SUPPOSED to be somewhere specific? Do you even know what the stock timing was (it's on the sticker under your hood, or probably 10* BTDC, as that's what it is for most of these motors featured in the broncos)

Why don't you get a timing light, and set it properly, or even do it with a vacuum gauge. Your shit could be pinging like crazy, and you obviously know so little about trucks, you don't even know it's doing damage.

:twak

Yes, you're a dumbass.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
B4L is from south jersey, I wouldnt mess with him... :goodfinge

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you helped me? how was insulting me helpin me.. look i didnt set out to make enemies all i know is i ask a question then u jusm try to start shit with somebody.. like im scared ohhhhhh im shaking.. ima leave it alone cause talkin shit aint what i do.... bye BILLY WANNA BE BAD ASS

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
you helped me? how was insulting me helpin me.. look i didnt set out to make enemies all i know is i ask a question then u jusm try to start shit with somebody.. like im scared ohhhhhh im shaking.. ima leave it alone cause talkin shit aint what i do.... bye BILLY WANNA BE BAD ASS

hey guys thanks for the help i went out and tinkered with it today and all it was was the distributer needed to be turned a little runnin like a champ now.. appriciate all feedback..:rockon
Where in that was a question? It pretty much looks like you were just telling us that you gave the distributor a twist and something that was wrong (we don't know what was wrong, because you never told us) was fixed (still don't know what it was).

I didn't try to start shit with you, I just told you that there IS a correct way to adjust/check your timing, and that you clearly didn't do it. Thus, you should stay out from under the hood, because you don't know what you're doing. Engine timing is a VERY critical thing, and you can damage your engine by doing it wrong.

I don't expect you to be scared, and don't know why you would be?? If I wanted you to be scared, I'd start going 'pirate' on your ass, and posting pictures of your truck/house, your work, etc. Believe me, just because you called me "BILLY BAD ASS" on the internets, doesn't mean that I hate you... :histerica

Oh, by the way, calling someone names on the internet, IS shit talking... so yes, you are shit talking... are you really that dense? Come on, you really don't think much do you?

If you'd like, I can show you with pictures how you set your timing correctly.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Dammit Billy. easy there. :goodfinge

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts