Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to FSB and looking for a little help....So a few weeks my 90 5.0 starting run like hell.. I could hear and feel a difference. At idle, it's extremely rough, while accelerating, having a hard time getting to speed. But when it does get there, it doesn't wanna shift to cruising gear. I had it in a shop, all the done was replaced 02 sensor and battery terminal , charged me 400$ needless to say, j was a little irritated. But I took her in, I replaced the distributor, map sensor, tps, plugs, wires, checked fuel pressure, getting round 35ish. Oh, the also adjusted the timing, which did help a little, but they didn't tighten to lockdown nut, so it moved... Anyone point me in a direction to get back to good... I've pulled the codes by the blink method, only that came up was tps... Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,851 Posts
First Welcome to the forum !! Glad to have new members join us.

The first thing I can think of by your description is a possible vacuum leak.

Read the forum post below. @miesk5 has an excellent write up on troubleshooting your vacuum system starting at post number 11.

You can also search the forum for threads about setting timing and troubleshooting the tps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd start by looking at vacuum lines, every time i've had rough idle, i've found a bad vacuum line.
I've recently replaced the tps sensors in both, but it was after fixing the vacuum leaks.
Start with vacuum, it's easiest and cheapest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts