Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this. Didnt see it posted previously (appologies if it has been) so I thought Id throw it in.

Read, enjoy, quietly gnash teeth and curse ford under breath for not building a new BKO that could be Raptorized or Shelbyized.

Oh Good, Now the Shelby Ford Raptor Makes 700+ Horsepower

Car and Driver said:
Look, there’s a new Ford F-150 SVT Raptor coming out soon, and it’s gonna be powerful. We’re talking 450 twin-turbo horses out of the EcoBoost 3.5-liter V-6. That’s no joke—and if you own a first-generation, 2011-2014 Raptor, you and your 411 V-8 horses just got seriously outgunned. What to do? Well, one option is to head over to Shelby American in Las Vegas, where they will bring your soon-to-be-outdated Raptor up to a mesmerizing 700-plus supercharged horses. Meet the Shelby American Baja 700 Edition Raptor

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
It's about time they got some decent numbers out of one of those big engines.. even if it's an aftermarket company doing it. 411hp just seemed lame by todays standards.

Now they've had 1000+ hp mustangs and GT's for a while now.. when is the raptor going to have 1khp?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's about time they got some decent numbers out of one of those big engines.. even if it's an aftermarket company doing it. 411hp just seemed lame by todays standards.

Now they've had 1000+ hp mustangs and GT's for a while now.. when is the raptor going to have 1khp?

Yeah :histerica:histerica

Unfortunately with the 2017 raptor going turbo V6, I think 1khp out of a factory/aftermarket modded engine is going to be off the table. :cry

(at least the tables of anyone who earns less than $1mil a year)

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Are you kidding? There is no reason for a 1000+ factory truck. That's just asking for a mistake.
I can think of 1000 reasons
Sales, and pure awesome being two of them.

Interestingly, I have zero interest in buying any new cars or trucks on the market today.. zero. It would take something revolutionary (like 1khp) to get me interested.

I'd also go for something that came "bullet proof" from the factory. something along the lines of an EB or wrangler with 47 spline axles, lockers, 40" tires, and a ruggedized body that could stand up to a roll (or similar) without sustaining serious damage.

I think going v6 on the raptor is a huge mistake. the should have gone with a smaller v8 instead. I think the type of person who wants a Raptor also wants an aggressive sounding V8 engine. not a droney v6, even if it's powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts