Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Bronc in for inspection today and she didn't pass. :banghead

Kinda sux after the work I did replacing the rear spring hangers, shackles and brake system.

Failed:
front brakes
cracked exh manifold
rear shocks
right side rad arm bushing
right side rad arm bracket (If anyone has one lying around, PM me!:twotu: )

Planned on headers anyway, just not in Feb. Rest of it is basic stuff, just a PITA to do outside this time of year. :whiteflag

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That sucks, what's wrong with the radius arm bracket?

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't looked at it yet Todd (dark when I get home still).

A couple weeks ago as Meg and I were leaving the house, got to the main road and realized I had forgot something. I took a quick turn and came through the back and went over the snowbank that the plow had left at the end of the driveway. Figured it'd be relatively soft with the weather we had been having, but it was kinda solid :brownbag
Truck made it over, thankfully Meg was belted in, but I think that may have taken it's toll on the 15 yr old bracket.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My horn doesn't work. :toothless

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
stangmata50l said:
WTF? In NY they pull you in, toot the horn, and out ya go. That sucks in a bad way.

BTW, the bracket probably cracked. That's what happened to mine. Definatley get that fixed. I put my rad arm right through it.

No kidding Ian......In Ohio the car/truck could be on fire, everything bent 45° from where it is supposed to be, but as long as it's got a CAT and passes emissions your fine.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,580 Posts
Sorry she's "Off the Road" for the wrong reason.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I get fix it tickets in MI, but that sure beats inspections. So far on my truck I've had:

no turn signals front - they only worked when i got the ticket checked off
no brake lights rear- fixed itself...kinda
loud exhaust - Got is checked off, but didnt change a dern thing

I dont drive it much on the street at night, and im pretty sure I have wiring harness issues

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't mind NH's "Safety Inspection". Emissions here is only on OBD II (95) and newer.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
PaulT said:
Took the Bronc in for inspection today and she didn't pass. :banghead

Kinda sux after the work I did replacing the rear spring hangers, shackles and brake system.

Failed:
front brakes
cracked exh manifold
rear shocks
right side rad arm bushing
right side rad arm bracket (If anyone has one lying around, PM me!:twotu: )

Planned on headers anyway, just not in Feb. Rest of it is basic stuff, just a PITA to do outside this time of year. :whiteflag

i know a guy just north of you en route to dartmout, that i can get inspection stickers from. last time i just drove in gave him $40 (his price for inspection) and gave me a sticker and off i went. i will be in nh sometime this month to register my bronco and get it reinspected

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have some friends in the business that would just tag it and go, but since the family rides in it, I'd rather pull it off the road if there's something wrong. I do trust the garage that did the inspection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts