Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been battling a transmission problem for 2 months now here's what I've done or replaced:
New mlps with new connecters
New solenoid pack with new harness and connecter
New filter and fluid
New powertrain relay
New battery
Also tested my ohms and everything seems ok

All my gears work good but when I take off in D it won't shift out of first gear. My next step is too take off the valve body and clean it. Does my problem sound like a valve body problem? Also no codes showinng. Just 111 which means system pass.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've been battling a transmission problem for 2 months now here's what I've done or replaced:
New mlps with new connecters
New solenoid pack with new harness and connecter
New filter and fluid
New powertrain relay
New battery
Also tested my ohms and everything seems ok

All my gears work good but when I take off in D it won't shift out of first gear. My next step is too take off the valve body and clean it. Does my problem sound like a valve body problem? Also no codes showinng. Just 111 which means system pass.
Are you using a tester to get codes or just counting flashes. A tester is easier to use and runs around $30 for a OBD-1 unit. When you say that you got the 111, is that for the KOEO test or the KOER test? And, what were the memory numbers?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its code scanner obd1. Don't remember my memory codes. 111 engine on I believe. Forgot to mention new vss also. My overdrive used be flashing but does nothing now. Still works but no light. I've triple checked all wiring.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yea its code scanner obd1. Don't remember my memory codes. 111 engine on I believe. Forgot to mention new vss also. My overdrive used be flashing but does nothing now. Still works but no light. I've triple checked all wiring.
You believe? is it Key On Engine Off? Or, is it Key On Engine Running?:doh0715:

My reader will show the Engine Off codes with an O in the top right corner, then if it passes with a 111 you press the memory button to see the Memory codes. There should be a 10 to separate the Engine Off codes from the Memory Codes. After the 10, the O changes to a C and the Memory Codes are displayed.

So for your engine to pass, you need an 111 followed by a 10 in the Engine off test. And, then you need another 111 after you run the Engine On test.

So, what exactly do you have?;)

I would be concerned about all the wiring you've done. The Solenoid pack and the wiring would have been my first concern when dealing with "Limp Mode". So, are you sure that you've got the wiring correct? Have you checked continuity between the wires on the solenoid pack connector back to the Controller? And, are the wires in the correct location in the plug for your particular model year?

Also, in the 94 solenoid pack they removed the protection diodes, because they were moved to the ECC. If you replaced the pack with a 94 or later unit, you could have damaged an earlier ECC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive checked all continuity and soldered my wires together. I bought specific solenoid for the 89 to 94 e4do trans. I will check the codes again tonite. The bronco is at a friends shop so its sometimes hard for me to get in and work on it and i will pull codes again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts