Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the way things are going the truck is going to try and bankrupt me slowly. Before its warmed up it occasionally kind of lurches at slow speeds. Almost feels like I am quickly pressing the gas and letting off over and over. The PO owned a transmission shop and did a full flush before I picked it up. It drove fine for a few hundred miles and this has just started and only occurs intermittently while it's still cold. It's nothing major but just doesn't feel right. It's a 96 with a e40D with 156k on the clock.
Thanks again!
Brent

·
Registered
363 Posts
You getting any codes from it? Does the lurching go away?

Did they use the right trans fluid?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is it shifting hard from 1>2 or is it acting like it wants to die when you just steadily apply gas?

It could be a transmission problem or a fuel delivery / ignition problem. Lack of fuel delivery or ignition would cut power suddenly which would cause that lurching back and forth feeling like you're stomping then lifting your foot off the gas real quick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No check engine light and checked the code reader a few weeks ago after changing the O2 sensor. Hopefully! He owned a transmission shop and said it had valvaline synthetic high millage fluid

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the double post, it's not a hard learch just doesn't feel smooth, it only happens the first few min of driving and is not constant. Did a full tune after picking it up and the motor runs smooth and it normally shifts smoothly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure it will become less random and I'll be able to figure it out (hopefully not far from the house) but trying to get a jump on it if possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level? It could be a little low and once the transmission warms up, the fluid expands, and get circulated everything then works fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that was the first thing I checked, sitting pretty much level running in the garage it's a just barley above the top of the hash marks. Could it be too full??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you even do that? In my foxbody if you put too much in (it was a 5 speed) it would start leaking back out of the hole you were filling.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little update, when it seams to lurch a little if I give it a little more gas it smooths right out. Took it out for a 20 mile drive tonight and it only did it a half block from the house and a little throttle settled everything out. Used my cheep code reader and didn't get anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts