Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question #1 I have an 86 302 EFI w/aod. I have a bad vibration in the rear of the Bronco. I had the tires replaced last week,they were shot. i had the vibration with the old tires and now the new tires. When i take off from a stop light and keep my foot on the gas the vibration does not start untill about 2500 rpm(Speedo is broke). when the tranny shifts into OD and i get at 1600 rpm the vibration is back. it sounds almost like a shimmy and a thump at the same time. Also when i let off the gas,i hear a clunk.

Question #2
When i start it up in the morning, she turns right over and starts, but if i drive a little bit and shut her off ,when i go to start her she cranks but it takes a bit longer and there is a grind as the engine starts.

Question #3
When i let off the gas, i get a runbling sound(along with the clunk), like a "Jake Brake " in a semi-truck, is this normal????

·
Registered
145 Posts
Q#2

You might have something wrong or brstde in the ignition. happened with my bronco. at slow speeds it would stall and then not start for 5 min. going 70 on the highway didn't do anything though? my grandfather and father looked at it but no idea. there friend knows about mechanics and he said it was an ignition module i think. ill check for ya later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts