Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

negative creep
Discussion Starter #1
so i have this big guitar amp from my punker days (4x10, tubes and shit) and i want to sell it on ebay because its vintage and actually worth some money. plus i dont play anymore even though i probably will play again someday and regret this, ****ing bills and taxes. but how do you ship something thats 100lbs and very large?

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Stick in a waxed fruit box and wrap it in a greasy white towel! :toothless

Registered
Whatever you do, I'd definitely remove the tubes and wrap them up separately.

Premium Member
You are better off selling it locally on EBay. The shipping charge is gonna kill..
Just from the dimensions alone. Search ebay and see what other seller's shipping prices are.

Oh yeah, what kind of amp is it?

Registered
You need to double box it and pad it with some flat Styrofoam. Not kidding, it won't get there in the same condition it left otherwise. UPS / FedEx will put holes through two layers of double corrugated cardboard so make sure you have some good padding protecting the speaker grill. Take the tubes out and cross your fingers while you are at it. I had a small amp shipped to me and when I got it the power transformer was hanging by the wires on the inside of the amp. Amps just aren't made to be chucked out the back of a box truck onto pavement, but that's what happens. Look at it being $100 + for shipping. That's what I figured for a single 15" bass cabinet shipped to the other coast. I ended up just trading in my bass cabinet at a local shop. Shipping wasn't worth the hassle and could cost more than the difference between what I paid and what I got in trade in.

Registered
Whatever you do, pack the shit out of it. Every shipping company in the world smashes the hell out of everything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts