Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever shipped or have been shipped a transfercase?
i am wondering what other peoples experience with this has been.

what does a 1356 weigh? probably a hundred pounds?

my potential transfercase will be coming from indiana and being delivered to tampa,florida.

any ideas, suggestions, input? greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jason

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
BroncoSka said:
anybody ever shipped or have been shipped a transfercase?
i am wondering what other peoples experience with this has been.

what does a 1356 weigh? probably a hundred pounds?

my potential transfercase will be coming from indiana and being delivered to tampa,florida.

any ideas, suggestions, input? greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jason

They're only about 72-75 lbs. I've had two shipped to me. Dr Dirty sent the last one. I cant remember how much it was tho.

Just get a big enough box, and plug the dimensions into fedex's website, and it'll tell you.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
DHL has better shipping prices and better service but because if the nature of the equipment it will prolly need to be crated

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Dat_Bronco_Boi said:
DHL has better shipping prices and better service but because if the nature of the equipment it will prolly need to be crated

If it's cheaper, by all means do that.
Plain old cardboard boxes worked for both of mine...I just cant remember if it was Ups or Fedex for either of them.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
hell, let me know how much it costs, i am bored enough i may got go to indiana to pick it up for ya and drive it down.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man you come on down with it, the weather is probably just what you need right bout now. its nice out, we are sunny and about 70 degrees for the rest of the week.
brews would definitely be on me.
effin a man. rock on.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Try looking into Grey Hound. They are cheap but it may take a few extra days to arrive. I had a set of doors shipping from CA for $84 each.

I also shipped a 208 case in a card board box by way of UPS but that was when I could ship from my old job and I got a nice discount which I miss.

We the family will be in FL next week but we're flying down, not driving.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
RTM said:
Try looking into Grey Hound. They are cheap but it may take a few extra days to arrive. I had a set of doors shipping from CA for $84 each.

I didnt even realize you could do that:brownbag

You're not kidding about cheap. I just typed in some generic sizes and weights into their site, and it was all priced REALLY well.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
You couldn't find one in a local Tampa junkyard?

·
Registered
554 Posts
shipped my 1356 from st. louis to someplace in texas with greyhound. Also had my np208 shipped from NC to st. louis as well as a bumper cover for my 94 mustang.

the case shipping was like 60$-ish...its been 2yrs or so though. Took about 1-2 days total.

grayhound is HARD to beat on the price.

·
The Doc
1,157 Posts
hey derrick hows the transfer working for ya?

like stated before get a good quality cardboard box and send her on ger way i think i used a printer box the box had a tear wiegt of 150 pounds seemed to work fine :)

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Dr.Dirty said:
hey derrick hows the transfer working for ya?
It's still in my living room:brownbag I just needed the rear fixed yoke, to swap into my manual 1356 thats still on my dining room table.:brownbag :brownbag It'll go in, when I start on the SAS. Speaking of which, do you remember how many miles(roughly) were on that t-case?

Dr.Dirty said:
like stated before get a good quality cardboard box and send her on ger way i think i used a printer box the box had a tear wiegt of 150 pounds seemed to work fine :)
+1

There is no reason for any of that other crap. The one that Dirty sent me, showed up in great condition.

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
I ship T-cases all the time. we wrap them up in an old sheet or blanket then wrap them up good with stretch or shrink wrap then some tape slap a label on them and they are good to go. Then ya don't have to worry about them busting out of a box. I ship thru Fedex they are quicker and cheaper than UPS. Haven't tried DHL yet but I heard they're pretty good too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts