Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so say I needed to ship something that was kinda large, or well 4 things that were large.

They are about 38 inches wide, 38 inches long (They are circular), and about 16 inches tall. Weight about 110 lbs. each +-.

Anybody have a cheapish solution???? Talked to Fedex today and they said like $260 from West Palm Beach, Florida 32968 to Salisbury, Maryland 21804.

I don't care about 2 day deleivery, or anything like that, just less then a month delivery.

The less then truck people told me I had to have an account to ship anything freight....

And UPS wants like $500. Which aint gonna happen.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
what about grey hound ? one time i had a 78/79 gt bar shipped and fedex / ups wanted $250.00/300.00 and grey hound did it for $60.00 .

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I send and E-mail to Greyhound. Will update when I get a price range.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,305 Posts
Online rate calculator Greyhound Package Express

I use Greyhound sometimes. It works well on the right kind of stuff. Their limit is 100 lbs. per package & the longest side has to be less than 48". A roll bar just makes it on size. It rides under the bus as they have room, so sometimes it takes awhile. You have to drop it off & pick it up at a station. The station here is close, so that works out.

For 4 pieces, it'll probably cost too much to ship with them, & at 110 lbs each, I don't think they'll do it.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,640 Posts
forward air dot com

but ya gotta be close to an air terminal served by the company...
never used them, but they had a decent price quote when I wanted to ship an axle from Ohio to CA. Deal went south.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts