Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, its not shocking that I need more advise. :shocked lol

Seriously, I know enough to see my shocks are worn out and need to be replaced.

I am running a '94 with 33x12 not lifted.

My question is, what shocks would you gurus recommend and is there anything else I should do while its up on the lift? (besides removing the sway bars and lifting the truck)

I promised my wife I wouldnt lift it till I get our DD back in action... the engine went while I was putting an engine in the '94 :banghead but I am thinking about a 4" lift soon...

Thanks in advance for the help,
NJB

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
njbuck said:
No, its not shocking that I need more advise. :shocked lol

Seriously, I know enough to see my shocks are worn out and need to be replaced.

I am running a '94 with 33x12 not lifted.

My question is, what shocks would you gurus recommend and is there anything else I should do while its up on the lift? (besides removing the sway bars and lifting the truck)

I promised my wife I wouldnt lift it till I get our DD back in action... the engine went while I was putting an engine in the '94 :banghead but I am thinking about a 4" lift soon...

Thanks in advance for the help,
NJB
Depending on how soon you're going to the 4" lift, I'd wait it out. Either that, or put the cheapest shocks you can get on there in the meanwhile, and put better ones on after the lift. Unless you have lots of mony to burn :toothless

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
JahWarrior said:
Depending on how soon you're going to the 4" lift, I'd wait it out. Either that, or put the cheapest shocks you can get on there in the meanwhile, and put better ones on after the lift. Unless you have lots of mony to burn :toothless

car quest bruiser gas shock i found were the cheepest, and work better that the high dolar one that were on it, mine were around 18 bux a piece

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Dat_Bronco_Boi said:
car quest bruiser gas shock i found were the cheepest, and work better that the high dolar one that were on it, mine were around 18 bux a piece
arent car quest rebadged monroe's?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
arent car quest rebadged monroe's?

i think they are gabriels pete.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Monroes

I recently got a 1994 bronco and I replaced the stock shocks with Sensa-Tracs all around, 6 total. I still have to get an alignment for the truck but I have a much better ride quality. I don't really take it off-roading so the fact that these are softer was perfect for me. They sell for about $40 each and I got them from rockauto.com for around $30 each. Part numbers: 37037, 37036 and 37095. Very happy so far . . . and the whole thing took me at most 3 hours and that's with a little help from the jack (but no need for tires to come off!)

good luck

·
Registered
862 Posts
I recently got a 1994 bronco and I replaced the stock shocks with Sensa-Tracs all around, 6 total. I still have to get an alignment for the truck but I have a much better ride quality. I don't really take it off-roading so the fact that these are softer was perfect for me. They sell for about $40 each and I got them from rockauto.com for around $30 each. Part numbers: 37037, 37036 and 37095. Very happy so far . . . and the whole thing took me at most 3 hours and that's with a little help from the jack (but no need for tires to come off!)

good luck
which ones are for the fronts out of the 3 you mentioned?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts