Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sick of flat tires. I made it to about forty years old without a flat on anything. In the last six years I've had about ten. The Bronco is a good truck to have a flat as it doesn't really pull or get uncontrollable at high speed. But enough is enough. I might add, the last three flats were less than six months old.

I've noticed that most of my flats lately are on the rear. I also noticed that my rear shocks seem weak. Could there be a connection? The tires aren't cupping or anything.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
So the tires are going flat without being punctured?
Sand, mud, dirt between the rim and tire? Warped, bent rims?
Bad valve stems?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the tires are going flat without being punctured?
Sand, mud, dirt between the rim and tire? Warped, bent rims?
Bad valve stems?
The tires blow out the sidewalls, not sure if you would call that puncture. No debres in rim. Rims run true. Good stems.

Are these new tires or old as well?
Also are the rims new or old?
Are the rims rusted at all or corroded?
Tires less than six months old. Rims are old, but in good shape. No rust. (Aluminum) no corrosion.

The tire manufacture said I run too low psi for the highway. (25) So they get hot and blow. This last time I was running 40 psi.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After two relatively new tires blew out, I got four new ones that were just made. One of those blew the other day. Two of the tires are rated for more than the whole truck. I do jump curbs now and then, but on a 38" tire that's not much of an event.

I know shocks can cause cupping. Not sure how they do that. I'm guessing they let the tire hop. I just thought that maybe if the back tires are hopping at high speed, it will create heat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts