Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some technical advice Fellas:banghead , where and how are you mounting your shocks. I don't want to use the side mount currently on the JD arms. but on top of the arms the shocks either bend or the bottom of shocks break:whiteflag. travel is not causing the failure!!! maybe side to side but highly doubtful. I'm currently using bilstien 5150s with 12" of travel, the shock towers are behind the coil buckets.

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for replying!!!! we are currently making new ones as soon as they are done Ill post a pic.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Considering the frame is wider on the 80-96 trucks than the 73-79s, the offset in the Duff arms to make room for tire clearance, and the radius arm lower shock mount residing on top of the factory solid axle Ford arms, I think you may be forcing your lower shock mounts inboard, causing your shock issues. Again, pics would be helpful, especially at full stuff/droop. Maybe you can make sense of my first sentence, or not, but the gist is that it seems your lower shock mounts are too narrow if you are trying to attach them directly above your Duff arms.

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes a whole lot of sense we did not take into consideration the width difference between the two vehicles that changes everything and our thinking. I just looked through the pictures I have posted there on FSB and none show the bottom mounts of the shocks. I will relay this information and post some pictures as The mounts evolve. I look forward to everyone's feedback! Thank you again that was very beneficial information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts