Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
79 bronco I'm going to fab up some shock hoops for the front. I would like tubing recommendations, placement, and anything else I need to know. They look simple I just dont want to jump in with out asking someone who knows . thanks Jeff

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
someone makes some for an EB but i havent seen any made for the newer years. crawler said he could make me some, fyi. do you have a bender? Raf made his from the same 2" steel tube he used in his cage. i like the ones where the guys turn the tube perpendicular at the bottoms where they mount to the frame. post what you end up with, ill need some after i install the extended arms. i want to run dual shocks up front still so when i get that far ill design something then

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
id say make them long, you can always shorten them. you have to allow for the shock to be compressed with the axle at its highest position to find the highest you should have the mount. but i am sure you knew that... and the shocks dont have to be right above the axle. after all look at the stock shock locations. none of them are above the axle. take pictures

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You can use 1.5"x.120" mild steel tube if it's just a shock mount. Here are a couple pics of the upper shock mount structure I made for my Bronco.

BTW: These pics were taken while that project was still in progress, so ignore the c/o hardware and missing upper coil-spring retainer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts