Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i replaced the 4 shocks up front on the turd today with some i got from here. well needless to say it helped the ride alot. three of the shocks wouldnt even come back out ofter i compressed them to get them off. awesome

motorcraft stock shocks 194k on them RIP

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I need to do this bad. But I am trying to hold off until the lift

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so was i but i got all 6 shocks from gadawgz for 32 bucks, cant beat that.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
X2 here as well. But don't think I'm going to get away with waiting that long.... :banghead

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Were they nitro charged to begin with? If not then they do not rebound on their own. Hydro gas charged shocks stay momentary and cycle with the suspension movement.

Well enough of the f*cking shock lesson, they needed to be replaced anyway. Awesome! I remember when I replaced mine for the first time before the sas, and it rode and wheeled totally different. Fresh shocks on a ttb make all the difference in the world IMO.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were they nitro charged to begin with? If not then they do not rebound on their own. Hydro gas charged shocks stay momentary and cycle with the suspension movement.

Well enough of the f*cking shock lesson, they needed to be replaced anyway. Awesome! I remember when I replaced mine for the first time before the sas, and it rode and wheeled totally different. Fresh shocks on a ttb make all the difference in the world IMO.
i dont know they were motorcraft. they should still cycle back out though and well they didnt. one sounded like it was going to blow up.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
It probably was. Chances are if the wiper seal was dry rotted there was no fluid left in it and the years of moisture was all that was keeping that baby lubed!

Man I have seen some bad shocks. When I was turning wrenches I had to change shocks on a heavy duty rig with about 2.6 million miles on it. The bolt had rusted frozen to the shock eye! It was so bad that we hung it up on the shop wall for display. It is surprising how long people can go riding on bad shocks, then when they get an opportunity to replace them its like WOW totally new ride. I think shocks are one of those things that a lot of people over look. Just think, those shocks you replaced were probably due to be replaced at 50k miles. You got 4 lives out of them! :beer

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah well they just dont go bad so you dont notice it. i will be redoing the durangos soon.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I replaced a set on a Ford truck @ 135K and wondered how the previous owner kept it on the road. The tires were ruined at 19,000 miles with uneven tread wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts