Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have a 1995 F-150 2WD.

I want a leveling kit, and new shocks front and back. I do a little off roading, but not much, so the springs need to ride good on and off road.

I was going to go Rough Country leveling spring kit and shocks, but some people on here I have seen do not like the Rough Country suspension parts.

My question is, what brand would be better, or are these suitable?

I want the best ride out of the combo.

Also, I would like to go 33 inch tires once I lift the front, but I was told that the biggest I can go on my 15X8 aftermarket wheels, is 31 X 10.5 X 15, which is what I have on the truck now.

I also got to looking at the shock and spring setup and feel pretty comfortable installing them. What all is necessary to install new springs, besides the tool that compresses it that you can loan from AutoZone?

Thanks guys, any and all answers are appreciated!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was thinking of doing this to my bronco a while ago. I was planning on getting some 1.5" coils off of ebay and get some Heckethorn or Billstein shocks for the best ride. The coils run about $130 and the shocks are about $70 each but well worth the money for street use. By the way, you can put some 33x12.50's on those 15x8's with no problem. They shouldn't rub with a 1.5 in. lift. My 32x11.5's don't rub at stack height so I don't think you will have a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, so those two shocks are worth looking in to?

And what about the springs? Are they pretty much just the same?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i run 33x12.50xr15's on my 2 inch suspension, and still rub on the radius arms. those tires are on my 15x8's by the way

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Superlift or rough country springs are going to be much stiffer than factory. You may want to look into skyjacker. You won't need a spring compressor to put the springs on. Just an 1 1/8" socket and all the normal tools. You will need an alighnment afterwards.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
I'm running 32x11.5 tires on 15x7.5 factory wheels with no problems other than radius arm rub. IIRC a lot of folks here are running 12.5" wide tires on 8 inch rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts