Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is involved in changing from single schocks in the front to dual shocks in the front and if it's even something worth looking into. Anybody have any opinions.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
You need the upper frame brackets and you will need a radius arm cap. Also 2 new shocks.

1 single 1 5/8" bore shock is probably as good as a dual set.

·
Registered
533 Posts
mine had two. so ithought they all did. i was waiting for the answer.:doh0715:

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
The answer is they did not come with 2 per side, only 1 per side. You could get an upgrade to get the dual shocks up front.

On my old brown and cream Bronco it had the duals up front and it also had dual shocks in the back. It looked 100% factory to me but I have never seen another Bronco with dual shocks in back.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i would stick with single unless it'll be strickly off roading, i had duals on my 86 and my 78 has singles, and has a much better ride

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine's got the singles up front...and I had toyed with the idea of going to dual shocks...someday. I don't honestly see where the big advantage would be...other than further dampening for serios, serious offroad...like some of Archer's photo's with his truck 8 feet off the ground...

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
You may also need a different radius arm on the driver side. It may not have the tabs for the lower shock bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts