Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crawled under the old bronco and replaced main and connecting bearings on my crank after noticing a knock and a drop in oil pressure after a long trip. As you know its a pain in butt to do on your back so when I was finished it leaked from the rear of the pan. I was tired and brought it to a mechanic to re-seal the oil pan lazy I know. When he returned it there were no leaks but low oil pressure. I questioned this but he convinced me that my crank was lobed spun the bearings and needed to be replaced, so got pissed and parked it for about 8 months. The other day my wife bugged me to fix the truck so I crawled back under it to remove the oil pan and when I went to lift the motor the motor mount bolts were just dummied up. I started on the pan and noticed to miss-matched bolts, so now I'm getting angry. I started feeling around the oil-pump pick-up tube first for trash and worked my way up to the pump and when I did I noticed the pump had about a quarter inch of play in it. I could see the amount of slack in the retaining bolts. I went back over to the shop but the mechanic had been fired a few months ago sparing me a homicide charge. Thank you to all the honest mechanics on this site for all the help over the years, next time I will not be so lazy.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Find out where he lives, go visit him about 3am and have a heart to heart talk with him at the bedside. Quietly, using your whispering voice. Let him know that he should be more attentive to detail when he's working on something like that. Then casually walk out of his house so he can think about it for awhile.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just laughed coffee through my nose at work

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
perfect example of why i do everything on my own vehicles...i'm paranoid that something like your story will happen. sorry for your luck, bro. too bad idiots like this guy have to ruin the rep of those good mechanics that are out there.

so what's the verdict on your bko? what does it need, or have you gotten on the road again?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh its back on the road again, great oil pressure no knocking. Just ordered auto choke for the holley seeing how winter is making it hard to start. But we're installing the 4" suspension too and I guess its a good time to red box it. Lol, My 6 year daughter old was driving me crazy wanting to know why we couldn't take the top off and ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts