Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, what is the best manual you can get for a 1978 Bronco? I have looked at some for it and they sure are not what they used to be! These new manuals are like a childs book! The manuals my dad used to have for his old trucks and cars were huge compared to these!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at them on there...in fact ebay is where I got the scrawny little Haynes Manual that freaked me out. Keep in mind, I haven't used one of these manuals in years and have not paid them any attention since I used them with my old man. I have found some of the older ones but still not the ones I am looking for. Maybe it's just an old memory of these books being so big but I swear that they were MUCH larger than what this Haynes Manual is! lol

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
a three minute google search yielded this, 3500 pages , 138.00.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/Items/1978 Fordtruck Shop Manual/119.html

You have to search around for Shop Manuals.
Alot of the older Haynes, Motors etc like from the 60's and 70's covered more than one make and/or model, resulting in a 3000 page book.

A lot of whats covered in a factory shop manual requires special tools, equiptment, testers , measuring devices etc. so unless your garage is setup like a dealerships garage most of the procedures are useless to the home mechanic....IMO anyway

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man, I think what I am looking for is simply the older and more "detailed" manuals. LMAO...the link to the one you gave is a bit overkill and I have seen a lot of those. Like I said, it has been so long that they were probably not as thick as I remember but I do know they were more than 200 pages. I will grab up one from the late 70's and see if it is better.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
a three minute google search yielded this, 3500 pages , 138.00.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/Items/1978 Fordtruck Shop Manual/119.html

You have to search around for Shop Manuals.
Alot of the older Haynes, Motors etc like from the 60's and 70's covered more than one make and/or model, resulting in a 3000 page book.

A lot of whats covered in a factory shop manual requires special tools, equiptment, testers , measuring devices etc. so unless your garage is setup like a dealerships garage most of the procedures are useless to the home mechanic....IMO anyway

While i don't have anything near a dealership, i do have shop manuals for every car i buy. Nothing like having exploded views and torque specs on every bolt. Wiring schematics and fault diagnostic procedures to get you going in the right direction when thins go bad. Money well spent and most are on digits now (nothing beats the greasy pages) and can be found cheap.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
or the blood spattered pages:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts