Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a recomendation for a good shop in Dallas that is well versed in the later model Broncos. I have a list of things I need done to my '95 and don't have time to do all of these myself. Rear main seal, oil pan gasket, thermostat, exhaust leak, power steering leak to name a few of the more annoying items needing to be done. Anyone have any referrals they could pass along? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
these guys were recommended to me by someone i know. he is very particular about his cars and said this is the only place he trusts.

I used them and was very satisfied. In fact, i'll be taking my bronco to them soon.

specialty unit remanufacturing/trent palmer automotive.

727 N Merrill Ave
Duncanville, TX 75116

Phone number (972) 283-3013

·
Registered
108 Posts
these guys were recommended to me by someone i know. he is very particular about his cars and said this is the only place he trusts.

I used them and was very satisfied. In fact, i'll be taking my bronco to them soon.

specialty unit remanufacturing/trent palmer automotive.

727 N Merrill Ave
Duncanville, TX 75116

Phone number (972) 283-3013
Any update to this shop and their work?

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Any update to this shop and their work?
overall, for the amount of work he did, the time it took, the price, and the way it drives now i'm happy.

they rebuilt my transmission for me. it was done in right at a week. i had just pulled my engine and did a reseal, but forgot to RTV the oil pan gasket. while the transmission was out, he let me go up there and drop the oil pan, RTV it, and then put it back together. he actually didn't want to do it...didn't want the responsibility.

my impression is that one guy rebuilds the transmissions (the owner) while he has a few guys who are responsible for pulling and installing them. the wiring harness wasn't installed properly, but he fixed it in 5 minutes.

i'm 99% sure he left a small dent on the rear quarter panel but i didn't notice it until a couple days later. didn't bother bringing it up.

he did, also, help me trouble shoot what turned out to be a bad axle bearing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anybody know shops that carry fiberglass fenders? I want the fiberwerx fiberglass but don't want to pay shipping $$$

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Outside of doing the wrenching yourselves or using 4WheelParts in Dallas, has anyone used another shop for lift kit installations?
you could try dallas offroad. i know about them through a jeep group but installing a lift is pretty straight forward. they seem like decent folks from what i've read.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Looking for recommendations for a reliable shop in the DFW area to do an engine rebuild or installation of a crate engine for my 1991 bronco 5.8L. I would appreciate any advice y'all might have.
Thanks
JC

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Looking for recommendations for a reliable shop in the DFW area to do an engine rebuild or installation of a crate engine for my 1991 bronco 5.8L. I would appreciate any advice y'all might have.
Thanks
JC
UPDATE: I used Dennis Road Automotive and was happy with their customer service and work.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
UPDATE: I used Dennis Road Automotive and was happy with their customer service and work.
what did you have them do for you?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I had a long block with a Stage one cam upgrade installed and Deaver Springs installed. Jeramie Craig is the one I dealt with. He was very professional and communicated with me throughout the process. They did good work and fair prices. I usually do most of the wrenching myself but I could not fit my Bronco in my. garage for a engine rebuild or install. I would definitely go back to them for anything I could not do myself. They will one the first ones to tell you they can't do something or if another shop is better for what you need - even give you recommendations on specialty shops. Again, I recommend them - I can't usually say that about most shops I have dealt with.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
what did you have them do for you?
I had a long block with a Stage one cam upgrade installed and Deaver Springs installed. Jeramie Craig is the one I dealt with. He was very professional and communicated with me throughout the process. They did good work and fair prices. I usually do most of the wrenching myself but I could not fit my Bronco in my. garage for a engine rebuild or install. I would definitely go back to them for

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I used Dallas Offroad for some suspension work. But as a disclaimer my son-in-law works there. They specialize in Jeeps but took on my Bronco. They installed radius arms and welded up my pivot brackets because the bolts loosened wallowed out the bolt holes. They also installed Deaver 5.5 springs and installed my Bilstein 7200s. I just swapped the Deaver coils out for Skyjackers because they were way too soft for the road - which are now up for sale on this site along with Bilstein 5100s shocks and Rough Country 2" lift rear springs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts