Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 1994 bronco XL.:thumbup and it has been a great buy but yesterday my dad drove it out of town and the radio went out followed by the engine sputtering and then dying. he got it to start back up and eventually got home. we drove it across town today and the same exact thing happened while i was driving and it had to be towed...it only does this after driving for a long time. any advice at all would be very very much appreciated:notworthy

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
i recently bought a 1994 bronco XL.:thumbup and it has been a great buy but yesterday my dad drove it out of town and the radio went out followed by the engine sputtering and then dying. he got it to start back up and eventually got home. we drove it across town today and the same exact thing happened while i was driving and it had to be towed...it only does this after driving for a long time. any advice at all would be very very much appreciated:notworthy
will the check engine light come on after the engine stalls?

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
Check for codes first. At this point it can be anything and you would be shooting in the dark. Also the engine light doesn't have to be on to have codes.
i asked cause if the engine light wont come on after it stalls then theres a probem with a main curcuit. the eec runs on power from a circuit that services all the under hood stuff. it it was shorting out the pcm wouldnt get power and without power the check engine light wont come one when you turn the key to run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks! some other people we know who are pretty good with car suspect its a fuel filter, fule pump or somethin to do with the distributor cap

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
if you spray some starter fluid into the intake after it stalls will it start?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent gotten a chance to try figure out anything other than what ive already said. my dad is gonna work on it tomorrow. ill let y'all know what he figures out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts