Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something just occurred to me...I'm only 5'5"... If I were to lift my bronco to the extent that I would like, and to run the 44" tires... I don't know if I'd be able to put gas in the damned thing, I mean ... damn, I never thought about it until I looked at BigBad94's thread...and it just occurred to me, that it's virtually impossible for a fellow my size to do that, I mean... my truck is stock on 32's, and I still have problems reaching the intake manifold from either side, I usually have to climb on top of the tires to do so, so how the hell would I manage to put gas in my truck (not using a step ladder!) if she ever got that big??

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, I'm pretty sure I could get in, haven't had any trouble so far getting into rigs that are bigger than that, looks a little funny jumping & all, I feel "burned" to say the least.. haha

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
i am 5'10" and have to stand on something to work on the motor comfortably. i wouldn't want 44s so no worries there. do you really need that much lift and that much tire?

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah... I don't think anybody needs that much. But, I've been looking at the prospect of turning my '91 into a toy as soon as I can afford either a '79, or a '95. I just found the entire idea a bit humorous & what not.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I'm 6' nothing, and I have trouble working on the engine without standing on the hub or the tire.

As far as putting gas in, I imagine if you can reach the door handle, you can reach the gas filler... If it's a problem, you can always step on the 10.25's (that you are gonna install to run 44s, right?) hub to give you a boost...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
6'2" with monkey arms here but I still barely can reach some places on my stock 86 on worn down 31's. If I have to reach the back center of the engine compartment I have to crawl onto the bumper/core support.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Six foot nothing as wel and I have a step-latter I use to work on my BKO. Just makes it easier. I think it would look funnier if you were to jump down from a truck that high.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Oh boy :doh0715:

If you dont think you can figure out how to work on, or put gas in your truck once it is lifted, then dont lift it. I do some preaty gymnasticky sheet to work on mine, but I aint complaining.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
6'4" with monkey arms. This is the first vehicle where I have had trouble working on the engine, damn 6in lift. ITs all in fun though. I know a guy who is 5ft nothin and has a bigger truck then me, at least 8in lift on 37's. Cant reach the pedels from the back of the seat. haha.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Just make sure when you are getting in you don't use the steering wheel as leverage....seen plenty of short dumpy rednecks around here fawk up there coloumns that way.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I know girl who is not more than 5 ft and she has a lifted 150 4x4 on 33s. She made a set of steps from 4x4s so she can check fluids. When maintenance time comes, she rolls out a scaffolding set.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts