Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Long tubes will always make more power/sound than shortys. On a mustang the ground clearance issues will make people have to decide what they want to sacrifice. But since we're talkin' trucks here, if you are going to replace/modify yer exhaust, then go with the regular (long tubes). The main advantage of most shortys is bolting up to factory Y/H pipes.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I've searched and I cant find anything on this. Whats the difference between shorty and full length headers. Performance, sound, etc.
ok I know you only have seven posts so ill be easy on you. Scroll down on the main page and you will see a thread that I posted saying Header?

I will make it easy, Header thread

Also look up sanderson headers. Everyone says the are THE ONLY HEADERS THAT FIT THESE MOTORS CONSISTENTLY. Buy the FC3 headers for the 351C.

I just asked this question and recieved overwhelming help from everyone. But I searched 3 websites and found no clear cut answer to my problem. So I made it as to the point as possible. What headers do I want. The answer is Sanderson.

Rkytnbrnc, crazed, bigwhurmb, and others helped me a lot! Rkymtnbrnc and I are still communicating and looking over parts list. There are great guys on here that will do a lot to help you. Welcome to the site!

Some advice: search the hell out of this site if you have any questions. Use keywords. If there is a common question that you have, there is most likely 4-5 threads dealing with it. Sorry if I'm abrupt but people on here hate the same post over and over.Just trying to keep you out of hot water;) Great to have you on FSB!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ok I know you only have seven posts so ill be easy on you. ...Rkytnbrnc, crazed, bigwhurmb, and others helped me a lot! ...
WHURMB

I've seen my name misspelled many ways, this ones new:histerica

Wurmb:thumbup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Longtube, im runnin a set from summit with no other exhaust and have no regrets sound great an my wifes chevy runs away with it tail tucked

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
WHURMB

I've seen my name misspelled many ways, this ones new:histerica

Wurmb:thumbup
How about Worm?:histerica

I did search. Its such a simple question I couldnt find the answer really. This site does get a little technical at times and I'm just starting out...
You'll find your way around. There is a ton of information stored here. Like Bronco Kid said the key to searching is making sure you have the correctly spelled name of what it is your looking for.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i hated the search, but figured it out. now i use the search alot. good luck, and welcome to fsb.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I would run long tubes in a heart beat, but the damn things are far too low below the frame for my liking.

But I am working on a set of shorties for myself as well. :toothless

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
How about Worm?:histerica
Naw, thats too common. Another one that cracked me was and piece of mail theat had Wurumb on it, :histerica:rofl: that cracked me up...as I threw it away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts